measles, mumps, rubella vaccine-injection Index
Picture of Rubella 1
The constellation of abnormalities caused by infection with the rubella (German measles) virus before birth. See a picture of...learn more »
Picture of Measles
An acute and highly contagious viral disease characterized by fever, runny nose, cough, red eyes, and a spreading skin rash. See...learn more »
Mumps is an acute viral illness caused by the mumps virus. Symptoms of mumps include fever, headache, muscle aches, tiredness,...learn more »
Measles (rubeola) is a highly contagious disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include a rash, high fever, cough, runny...learn more »
In This Article
- Measles facts
- What is measles? What does measles look like?
- What is rubeola? What is rubella? What are other names for measles?
- What is the history of measles?
- Is measles contagious?
- What is the contagious period for measles?
- What causes measles? How is measles spread?
- How does one become immune to measles?
- Who is at risk for getting measles?
- Is measles deadly?
- What are measles symptoms and signs?
- What is the danger of getting measles while pregnant?
- What is the incubation period for measles?
- What is atypical measles?
- What is modified measles?
- What types of doctors treat measles?
- How is the diagnosis of measles made?
- What should someone do if he or she has been exposed to measles?
- If it is not measles, what else could it be?
- Is there any treatment for measles after symptoms and signs develop?
- What are complications seen with measles?
- Is it possible to prevent measles with a vaccine? How effective is the measles vaccine?
- What is the prognosis for measles?
- Why should people get vaccinated against measles?
- Is there any truth to the fear of getting autism from the MMR or MMRV?
- Who should not receive measles vaccinations?
- Do people need to be revaccinated against measles if they are traveling to Europe?
- What adverse reactions or side effects can occur with the measles vaccination?
- If a child has an egg allergy, can they still receive the measles vaccine?
- Who should be revaccinated
(receive a booster shot) against measles?
- What should I do if I am not sure if I have been properly vaccinated or my vaccine records have been lost?
- What is herd immunity? Why should people care if others choose not to be vaccinated?
- Can the measles virus be used to cure cancer?
- Where can I find more information about measles?
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...learn more »
In This Article
Children's Health Article
- Introduction to children's health
- Children's growth and development
- Children's illnesses
- Children's injuries
- Children's behavior
- Children's mental illness
- Family health and children
- Community health and children
- Health care for children
In This Article
German Measles (Rubella) Article
- What is rubella (German measles)?
- What are rubella symptoms and signs?
- What are the complications of rubella?
- How is rubella spread from person to person?
- Can rubella be prevented with a vaccine?
- Does my child need the rubella vaccine (MMR)?
- As an adult, do I need the rubella vaccine (MMR)?