Patient Comments: Male Breast Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your breast cancer (in men)?

Comment from: MK, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I discovered a BB sized lump below my armpit, so I went to the doctor who thought it was just a cyst. Five months later it had grown so I saw the doctor again. Biopsy confirmed cancer which had spread to 3 lymph nodes. I had mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiation and have been on Tamoxifen for 4 years; so far I have neuropathy in feet and lymphedema in arm.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 08

My husband had a small lump located just above the nipple 28 years ago at the age of 29. It was removed and determined to be breast cancer. The nipple and breast tissue along with 17 glands were removed and no cancer was in the glands. No treatment at that time. Ten years later a small nodule was noted on a chest X-ray in the left lung. The upper lobe of the lung was removed and treatment was 10 years on Tamoxifen. About 45 days ago from an annual exam that included a cat scan, two nodules were noted in the same lung at the same location as the previous lung area. These nodules responded positive to the PET scan and are highly suspicious of cancer. The nodules are surrounding the metal clips that were left in the lung to hold it together 18 years ago. We are having a biopsy Monday. So cancer returns, there are no guarantees but a lot has improved in the last 18 years and we are hoping for a miracle.

Comment from: arnold, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

Found pea shaped lump which got very painful and tender, got larger about size of bottle top in couple of months no discharge but nipple turned downwards and had swelling and hotness in area of nipple.

Comment from: Tim, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I had ductile carcinoma in situ. I still have a lot of side effects which include muscle and nerve pain and loss of feeling in my hands and feet this is two years after chemo and radiation therapy.

Comment from: Greg, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I have soreness around the nipple and I can feel a lump behind the area of the breast.

Male Breast Cancer - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your male breast cancer?
Male Breast Cancer - Experience Question: Please share your experience with male breast cancer.
Male Breast Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of male breast cancer.