Patient Comments: Male Breast Cancer - Experience

Please share your experience with male breast cancer.

Comment from: yooperreeds, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I am a 63 year old male. I woke up one morning and had a walnut-sized lump under my right nipple. No previous sign of a lump. I went to the doctor 2 days later and he did an ultrasound and a core-needle biopsy. It was cancer. I had a total mastectomy 2 weeks later. I am now undergoing 4 treatments of chemotherapy (Cytoxan - Taxotere) in 3 week intervals. There was no lymph node involvement, but because of size of the tumor my stage was rated Stage III.

Male Breast Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your breast cancer (in men)?
Male Breast Cancer - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your male breast cancer?
Male Breast Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of male breast cancer.