Patient Comments: Male Breast Cancer - Treatment

What was the treatment for your male breast cancer?

Comment from: hal, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 28

I found a lump in my breast, and because my mother had breast cancer, I googled to see if males can get breast cancer. Of course, I found out that they can. Then, I made an appointment to see my doctor. He sent me for a mammogram, and within a week I had surgery (a mastectomy), followed by five weeks of radiation. I also took Tamoxifen. I am very tired all the time. It's been almost a year since my surgery.

Male Breast Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your breast cancer (in men)?
Male Breast Cancer - Experience Question: Please share your experience with male breast cancer.
Male Breast Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of male breast cancer.