GENERIC NAME: malathion
BRAND NAME: Ovide
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
- Malathion is used for treating people who have head lice and their eggs (Pediculus humanus capitis).
Common side effects of malathion include:
- Skin irritation
- Scalp irritation
- Other side effects include:
- Mild conjunctivitis from accidental eye contact
- Possible serious side effects include:
- Chemical burn (second degree burn)
Quick GuideRingworm: Treatment, Pictures, Causes, and Symptoms
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.