magnesium citrate-oral Index
Magnesium citrate (Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma) is an OTC product used to relieve constipation and clean the intestines of stool prior to bowel surgery or procedures. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, and storage should be reviewed prior to using this medication.
Colon polyps are common growths on the inner lining of the colon. Colon polyps may become cancerous. There are several different...learn more »
In This Article
Colon Polyps Article
- Colon polyp facts
- What are colon polyps?
- What do colon polyps look like (pictures)?
- What are the types of colon polyps?
- How big are colon polyps?
- What are the signs and symptoms of colon polyps?
- How are colon polyps diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for colon polyps?
- How should patients with colon polyps be followed?
- How is screening for colon polyps done?
- Are all colon cancers associated with polyps?
- Can colon polyps be prevented?
- How is genetic testing used in patients with colon polyps?
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....learn more »
In This Article
Colon Cancer Prevention Article
- Colon cancer prevention facts
- Introduction to colon cancer prevention
- When should colon cancer screening begin?
- What are the risk factors for colorectal cancer?
- What measures to prevent colorectal cancer have proven effectiveness and long term safety?
- What measures to prevent colorectal cancer probably are effective but may have long term adverse side effects?
- What measures to prevent colorectal cancer probably are effective and safe?
- What prevention measures have been found to be ineffective?
- What about genetic testing for colon cancer?
- Who should consider genetic counseling and testing?
- Why is genetic counseling and testing important in hereditary colon cancer syndromes?
- What can be done now to prevent colorectal cancer?