Patient Comments: Microscopic Colitis - Cause

What was the cause of your lymphocytic colitis?

Comment from: laurnell, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I had a bout of Noro virus which fully lasted 6 days, and frequent watery diarrhea after that. Saw gastroenterologist who diagnosed lymphocytic colitis and I was on Endocort for 3 months with good results. I have now been having recurrent symptoms, frequent watery explosive urgent diarrhea, for a week or so. My MD talked about the Pepto Bismol routine which I will try, but I will let him know of apparent recurrence.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I began having problems immediately after my colonoscopy. Prior to the colonoscopy, my digestive system was perfect- stools were regular and well-formed. Everything was like clock-work. The colonoscopy was normal, showing no abnormalities. I began having loose stools, which was attributed to disruptions in bacteria levels. I took probiotics and ate lots of yogurt then bought Culturelle. No relief. Tried everything. Went to the doctor and had stool cultures which showed nothing. I really suspect the colonoscopy no one else seems to think so.

Comment from: Hurting girl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis a year ago. My GI doc tells me that I should not have pain but I do my stomach hurts really bad. I vomit and have chills. It really is affecting my life.

Comment from: Jackie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I have had collagenous colitis for years now and have found that if I stay dairy free, and do not drink coffee, I am fine. I also take a daily probiotic and every so often take a dose of aloe. It tastes awful, but mixed with unsweetened orange juice and blended, then gulped down quickly, it is tolerable. Now I rarely suffer and have been able to introduce certain dairy items on a very small scale, but regular milk is still a no-no. Evaporated milk I can tolerate in tea and small portions of cheese dishes.

Microscopic Colitis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your lymphocytic colitis?
Microscopic Colitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your microscopic colitis?
Microscopic Colitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your case of microscopic colitis?