Patient Comments: Microscopic Colitis - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your case of microscopic colitis?

Comment from: J, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

Diarrhea started at 46. I thought it was from stress. I had colonoscopy and was told I had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and prescribed antidepressants. At 52 I had another colonoscopy and was diagnosed with microscopic colitis. I was prescribed Asacol, no help, then prescribed budesonide. I finally had normal bowel movement, but medicine made me feel tired and depressed plus I got a bad yeast rash. The diarrhea returned 1 week after stopping, I am thinking about taking budesonide again even though side effects were bad, diarrhea is worse! Pepto helps slow things down, I'm really getting sick of this! I hope it goes away soon.

Microscopic Colitis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your lymphocytic colitis?
Microscopic Colitis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your lymphocytic colitis?
Microscopic Colitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your microscopic colitis?