Patient Comments: Lymphedema - Experience

Please share your experience with lymphedema.

Comment from: Luika, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

I really don't know when the lymphedema started. I diagnosed myself when I read an article. I researched, saw a picture of lymphedema and it was so eerie to be looking at my legs. I have worn black pants for years and can't wear shorts. People stare at my fat and jiggly legs. My husband can't touch my legs because they hurt to be touched. It is so embarrassing to look, so masculine with such huge legs. I made an appointment to see my doctor to begin treatment today.

Comment from: Jean M., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I have chest lymphedema after breast cancer. I wonder if stress affects my condition and if seriously stressed can cause heart and lungs to fail, and therefore death.

Comment from: MINK, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I developed lymphedema after surgery to remove a lump in my right arm. I continue to have issues but the sleeve I was fitted for by a specialist works. It has been 10 years since the surgery, and the swelling and pain still get so bad that I cry.

Comment from: donna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I had a Medtronic morphine pump removed and was left with lymphedema.

Lymphedema - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for lymphedema?
Lymphedema - Symptoms Question: Describe the symptoms associated with your lymphedema.
Lymphedema - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events and tests that led to a diagnosis of lymphedema.