Patient Comments: Lyme Disease - Treatments

How was your Lyme disease treated?

Comment from: Lauren, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

After years of looking for an answer to my fatigue I was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease as well as H. pylori. I am at the stage where I have numbness and weakness in my arms, vision problems and chest tightness and heart palpitation. I was just put on 2 weeks of doxycycline 100 mg 2 times daily. After what I read I wonder if this is enough at this stage.

Comment from: K.C., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

After 2 years of having eye sight problems and going to four different eye doctors, this summer I was bitten by a tick which gave me a bull's eye rash. After being treated with 3 weeks of antibiotics (doxycycline) I realized the vision problems I had had for 2 years had gone away. I went to my eye doctor who found that my eyesight had improved so much my prescription for glasses needed to be less than what I had. This is a prescription I have had for over 6 years. Here is the scary part: a few weeks off the oral doxycycline, my eyesight began to worsen. I called my eye doctor and the doctor said it was her opinion Lyme was in my nervous system. I went to an LLMD (Lyme literate medical doctor) and have been on IV for a month. My eyeglass prescription is too strong for me to wear for distance. Even my reading glasses are too strong a prescription. I just hope that when I go off the IV of antibiotics my sight doesn't retreat to the way it was. So wonderful to be able to see so well again.

Comment from: Mermaid, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I have had recurrent Lyme symptoms for nearly 20 years. Joint pain that resurfaces every 5 years or so but when doxycycline is prescribed, the pain/stiffness ends. What I didn't realize was that Lyme's can cause depression which I battle continually. In September I came down with a severe kidney infection and was put on doxycycline for 3 weeks along with 2 "super" shots as my doctor called them. The shock and "aha!" moment came when my distance vision returned after 10 years of needing glasses! I have been off the antibiotics now for 3 weeks and my distance vision has now "tanked" once again and severe joint pain has reared its ugly head along with burning eye pain and constant headaches.

Comment from: Novaknows, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 31

I am a new Lyme patient. I have found that there are herbal treatments to be taken along with antibiotics. Cat's claw, Japanese knotweed, stephania, astragalus and Siberian ginseng are the most powerful helpers. It's a very horrible disease and you need to fight it using all the possible help available. I have found that very hot baths help the arthritis symptoms and the joint pain. The pain is beyond belief. Also exercising the area that hurts helps to bring oxygen into the area. Eat lots of yogurt while taking the antibiotics. I spray magnesium oil on the afflicted joints and muscles. Everything helps a small amount. Each Lyme sufferer must take charge of their own protocol in order to improve.

Comment from: M Maguire, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I take doxycycline hyclate 100 mg as treatment for Lyme disease, twice a day for 21 days. IV at the emergency room (ER), not sure exactly what was it but the next day I 99% better. I also take Motrin 200 mg.

Comment from: Joy, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

I have a child with autism. I found out this week his underlying cause is Lyme. I gave it to him in the uterus. During pregnancy I had Bell's palsy and recovered three weeks after his birth. Before finding out about this diagnosis we did intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) and that kept things in remission. Thank goodness we did that. I am not a doctor but a mother of a child who spent thousands of dollars to get here. The symptoms you get is called PANDAS symptoms and when treated with antibiotics the inflammation and the symptoms go away, but the underlying cause remains, not to mention the damage you do to your gut bacteria leaving you open to the grasp of clostridia and streps that are highly antibiotic resistant. Please look into the chlorine dioxide protocol. The underlying cause is usually a symbiotic relationship between Lyme bacteria, parasites, viruses and metals. Kick all those things out and recover yourself. Please research and educate yourself. I do this in the hope that if I pass on the good it will bring good wishes to my child who we are trying to release from the grasp of Lyme.

Lyme Disease - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of lyme disease diagnosed?
Lyme Disease - Share Your Experience Question: Did you or someone you know have Lyme disease? Please share your experience.
Lyme Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms you experienced with Lyme disease? Did you think it was something else?