Patient Comments: Lyme Disease - Treatments

How was your Lyme disease treated?

Comment from: Ship Repair Sup., 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I was treated with doxycyclin, B-12 and vitamin D. It has been 6 weeks now and I suffer with aching and numbness in both arms to whole body aches and both legs have numbness. I have low back aches more than what I was accustomed to with my scoliosis and I do not have or have had migraines in the back of my head since my seizure 9 weeks ago. I have minor headaches in my front lobe areas. I have had an EMG from my neck to my fingers and it was negative. My carpal tunnel in my right arm and arthritis in my hands have been aching more than usual lately. Retest for Lyme is in 2 weeks. I feel I still have it and pray God will remove it.

Comment from: ande1son, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 23

My son was diagnosed with Lyme Meningitis in 2009 at the age of 11. First treated with 30 days of Doxycyclin. That failed and he was hospitalized again about a week after where he had the Picc Line inserted and required IV meds for 30 days. He still gets symptoms here and there such as the headaches, chest pain, and joint pain, but nothing like it was.

Comment from: Mazzarini, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

Antibiotics have been unsuccessful. Currently suffer from memory loss, loss or right arm movement, severe pain throughout my body. I lose my balance, and have suffered from falls. Have frequent severe seizures requiring Emergency hospital visits via ambulance. I am depressed as a result of the pain and my inability to support my family. Sometimes I believe I would be better off dead, if it were not for my beautiful 2 young daughters. This is a horrible illness, and I pray for a treatment. Yet, without insurance I am losing this battle slowly and painfully.

Comment from: Bluebird, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I was bitten by 4 ticks in Indiana. Treated with Doxycillan within a week, and lasting for 7 weeks. When the antibiotic was discontinued, the symptoms returned. Doctor refused to continue antibiotic. Symptoms worsened. Changed doctors and was treated with another antibiotic for 6 months. Symptoms did not return. Still symptom free 19 months later.

Comment from: missnascar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

My Lyme disease was treated using Long-term antibiotic treatments for over 8 yrs.

Comment from: jeannie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

My Lyme Disease was treated with antibiotics for two years. I still sleep 2 to 3 days at a time and suffer with painful tendonitis and severe pain swelling in my right knee.

Lyme Disease - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of lyme disease diagnosed?
Lyme Disease - Share Your Experience Question: Did you or someone you know have Lyme disease? Please share your experience.
Lyme Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms you experienced with Lyme disease? Did you think it was something else?