Patient Comments: Lyme Disease - Treatments

How was your Lyme disease treated?

Comment from: Poor man Jim, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 22

Having witnessed all but the destruction of my wife by Lyme disease, not to mention my son and daughter contracting it as well, I am very aware of the symptoms. As soon as I saw a bull's eye rash on myself, I immediately began to watch for the symptoms. Since I did not seem to get the initial cold and flu-like symptoms I thought that I had dodged the bullet. While yet undiagnosed, I feel I did contract the disease. (My doctor said I did not exhibit enough symptoms to justify a test.) Currently I have so many, I cannot work. I am all but bed ridden, in particular, a weakness and laziness that leaves me exhausted and lying in bed about 18 hours out of 24 and unable to drive long distances, etc. I have gout in my feet and joint pain so bad at times I need crutches to walk to the bathroom. Since not being a doctor and unable to prescribe medicines, I have sought after alternate remedies. While I have not bought a blood zapper, yet, I do feel the colloidal silver and H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) therapies have thus far improved my energy levels and health immensely.

Comment from: M Maguire, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I take doxycycline hyclate 100 mg as treatment for Lyme disease, twice a day for 21 days. IV at the emergency room (ER), not sure exactly what was it but the next day I 99% better. I also take Motrin 200 mg.

Comment from: Joy, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

I have a child with autism. I found out this week his underlying cause is Lyme. I gave it to him in the uterus. During pregnancy I had Bell's palsy and recovered three weeks after his birth. Before finding out about this diagnosis we did intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) and that kept things in remission. Thank goodness we did that. I am not a doctor but a mother of a child who spent thousands of dollars to get here. The symptoms you get is called PANDAS symptoms and when treated with antibiotics the inflammation and the symptoms go away, but the underlying cause remains, not to mention the damage you do to your gut bacteria leaving you open to the grasp of clostridia and streps that are highly antibiotic resistant. Please look into the chlorine dioxide protocol. The underlying cause is usually a symbiotic relationship between Lyme bacteria, parasites, viruses and metals. Kick all those things out and recover yourself. Please research and educate yourself. I do this in the hope that if I pass on the good it will bring good wishes to my child who we are trying to release from the grasp of Lyme.

Comment from: txrain63, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I was diagnosed in July 2012. I did not have any rash that I know of. I was bit by a tick when I was on vacation in Gettysburg, PA. I became very lethargic and my joints, especially my neck was hurting, some flu-like symptoms. My doctor checked EBV, Mono and Lymes. Lymes was positive. Tried 21-days of Doxy. Felt a little better, but then the bottom dropped out. Retested by PCR and positive. I am currently on 30-days of IV Rocephin. I am feeling better, but still have bad days, but from what I've read this is normal. It can take up to 6-months to feel better.

Comment from: lorie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I had no rash that I knew of, or any known bite. My symptoms started with back pain, and then progressed to unusual swelling predominantly on the left side of my body. I felt very fatigued daily and sometimes had chills and low-grade fevers. I had ear pain, what I thought was thyroid nodules, eye pain, and facial pain. I thought my thyroid was the issue because I have Hashimoto's disease. Over the course of 2 days, my throat became swollen, veins were bulging on my left side, my head and arms were throbbing. I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack. I went to the acupuncturist and she relieved the pressure, which helped tremendously, but symptoms stilled lagged-like the joint pain, facial issues and incredible head scratching. My scalp feels sore and anything that touches it hurts. I've also lost quite a bit of hair.

Comment from: jhs7575aol, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 22

I've had lyme disease 3 times over the last 20 years. Thank goodness my doctor in is very lyme disease literate and always caught it quick. The last time it came back it was from a gum infection I didn't even know I had. My nephew got it back from an infected wisdom tooth so I thought I should see a dentist as I was long overdue. I always take antibiotics for any dental work. My doctor has always said most doctors don't treat it aggressively or long enough.

Lyme Disease - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of lyme disease diagnosed?
Lyme Disease - Share Your Experience Question: Did you or someone you know have Lyme disease? Please share your experience.
Lyme Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms you experienced with Lyme disease? Did you think it was something else?