Patient Comments: Lyme Disease - Treatments

How was your Lyme disease treated?

Comment from: tammy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I have been to seven doctors and have had several different diagnoses. I am very tired and have pain all over. Also, I have a mysterious looking rash on the back of my legs. Sometimes I can't get out of bed in the morning. I'm dizzy and have pain in my legs, back, head, ear and find it hard to lift my arms sometimes. I also have numbness in my hands and swelling in my legs and feet when I'm on them too long. All the doctors think I worry too much and nothing's wrong with me. I just want someone to help me

Comment from: jhs7575aol, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 22

I've had lyme disease 3 times over the last 20 years. Thank goodness my doctor in is very lyme disease literate and always caught it quick. The last time it came back it was from a gum infection I didn't even know I had. My nephew got it back from an infected wisdom tooth so I thought I should see a dentist as I was long overdue. I always take antibiotics for any dental work. My doctor has always said most doctors don't treat it aggressively or long enough.

Comment from: SusieRN, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

I am an RN who had flu-like symptoms since 8/14. I have seen a GI doc, rheumatologist, hematologist, and yesterday saw an infectious disease doc who told me to discontinue antibiotics. My liver enzymes doubled and my hemoglobin dropped 2 points in 2 weeks. I asked my GI doc 1 month ago to do a PCR test, and although he never heard of it he ordered it: I was positive for ehrlichiosis. Thankfully I have a medical background and could correlate lab results and symptoms with different diseases. I am still on the journey to find an MD who knows lyme. Bless all of you in your journey: don't give up!

Comment from: PDXer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

Did not know I had a tick bite until the dinner-plate size bullseye appeared on my back. I felt sick but thought it was the Flu. My doctor called a prescription to a pharmacy (I was on a trip at the time). I got progressively worse and after two days was in a Fetal position and could not walk because of the pain when I stepped. I could barely make it home in the plane because of the pain. I had a Migraine for three weeks (I thought my head would explode) and was in bed for six weeks taking Antibiotics. At one point I had Arrhythmia (inflammation of heart sac) and about 50% of my hair fell out. I have some memory loss, Arthritis, and other inflammatory problems associated with Lyme disease. I do not take walks in the woods, and wear long pants, and long sleeves when outside. Lyme disease changed my life.

Comment from: Cathy, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 24

My brother has Lyme disease. Went to 14 doctors and the last one gave him the antibiotic for Lyme but refused to acknowledge that my brother had Lyme. The drugs began to work, but the doctor would not renew the prescription. He has now turned to alternate treatment called the Rife machine. He has been taking the treatment for several months now and is doing really well. The person he gets the treatment from is a chiropractor in Niagara Falls. He almost died of Lyme but then discovered the rife and in a desperate attempt to get better tried it. He is now totally healed. Try this treatment. It is not inexpensive but it works.

Comment from: hayduk, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2004. I did oral antibiotics. Then I had an IV chest line put in and two years of drip IVs of numerous antibiotics. It was to the point that I couldn't even get out of chair due to severe arthritis. Still to this day, I get tired all the time and have sharp shooting pain throughout my joints.

Comment from: Sharon tate, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was very tired to I decided to get tested for Lyme. Call me weird, but I was sleeping up to 18 hours a day and had no other symptom. Lo and behold! I tested positive for Lyme disease. I am on Ceftin now and thankful that I caught this early.

Lyme Disease - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of lyme disease diagnosed?
Lyme Disease - Share Your Experience Question: Did you or someone you know have Lyme disease? Please share your experience.
Lyme Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms you experienced with Lyme disease? Did you think it was something else?