Patient Comments: Lung Cancer - Treatments

How effective was your Lung Cancer treatment?

Comment from: Robyn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I was diagnosed September 2009 with non small cell lung cancer, had left lung resectioned November, started chemotherapy December 2009 continued through February 2010, had radiation on chest May and June 2010. Had seizures in September 2010. The cancer moved to my brain and I had 10 radiation treatments, I was told I am terminal but not actually given a time; I am doing pretty well. I smoked for 46years. I was originally diagnosed in June 2009 with rheumatoid arthritis, my doctor said I was too fit and active to be worried about cancer.

Comment from: Donna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I had a heart and body scan through my husband's work that they were offering in July 2008. I really didn't want to go but it was free. We went and I was diagnosed with Stage 1A lung cancer. I went through CAT and PET scans right away. The PET scan showed something by the rectal area. I then had a colonoscopy and an internal pelvic exam which all came back negative. I had my top right lobe removed and go for yearly CAT scans now. I still have a fear of not really knowing what the future will bring, but I am very happy to be living life now.

Comment from: faith, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

In august I had kidney cancer they removed the right kidney, before the surgery they gave me a CAT scan, a small spot showed up on my lung they said it was probably the lungs folding over each other. For three weeks I have had pain in my chest to touch it is in the same spot and is painful to touch. I'm short of breath a lot.

Comment from: dabombz35, 55-64 Female Published: December 22

My dad was diagnosed last year with lung cancer. He was given 6 month to 2 years to live, but only survived 2 months. It was a horrible way to go. He was begging for air while being on a ventilator.

Lung Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with lung cancer.
Lung Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your lung cancer?
Lung Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your lung cancer when you were diagnosed?
Lung Cancer - Facts Question: Do you, a friend, or relative have lung cancer? Which lung cancer facts are most surprising to you?