Patient Comments: Lung Cancer - Facts

Do you, a friend, or relative have lung cancer? Which lung cancer facts are most surprising to you?

Comment from: Rosie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I am a 50 year old woman that has never smoked a day in my life. My husband made me go to the emergency room (ER) because my low back was hurting. Thanks goodness I did. I had an x-ray and they saw a spot on my spine. Then the 3 cm nodule on my right lung. What a nightmare! This was 6 weeks ago. I have mutant gene #19; adenocarcinoma, non-small cell lung cancer. They are treating me with oral medications. They are treating me really well. I hope to be cancer free...

Comment from: Carol Butler, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

It was found accidentally when I went into the hospital after total knee surgery. I had a pulmonary embolism and they found a 4-mm pulmonary nodule. I now get scans every three months. I also have chest pain and shortness of breath. They did a scan to rule out another PE and found two more nodules. I have been extremely fatigued and have had a cough for three months. I'm wondering what my chances are of developing lung cancer.

Lung Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with lung cancer.
Lung Cancer - Treatments Question: How effective was your Lung Cancer treatment?
Lung Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your lung cancer?
Lung Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your lung cancer when you were diagnosed?