Patient Comments: Lung Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your lung cancer?

Comment from: shoko, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I was having reoccurring bronchitis 3 winters in a row, then I had a bout of pneumonia in June. This triggered me to keep going back to see my doctor. Since I was a nonsmoker and 38 at the time, I kept getting antibiotics and sent home. Although, I never felt well in July. I kept coughing and was extremely exhausted. I was diagnosed in 1997 with stage II bronchioaveolar adenoid carcinoma. My upper right lobe and 1/3 of my lower lobe was removed and followed by 5 1/2 weeks of radiation. That was 15 1/2 years ago. I am a healthy 54 today!

Comment from: Curt, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

A pain when I coughed.

Lung Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with lung cancer.
Lung Cancer - Treatments Question: How effective was your Lung Cancer treatment?
Lung Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your lung cancer when you were diagnosed?
Lung Cancer - Facts Question: Do you, a friend, or relative have lung cancer? Which lung cancer facts are most surprising to you?