Patient Comments: Low Testosterone (Low T) - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience when your testosterone levels dropped?

A Doctor's View on High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men

Read the Comment by Charles Patrick Davis, MD, PhD

When you think of testosterone, you probably think of the rough and rugged. It's one of the things that make men men. But even this most masculine of hormones requires a delicate balance. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: Ashwani Sundan, 65-74 Male Published: June 01

The pain from tennis elbow has started to wake me up and I cannot stretch my arm out because of the pain and my arm feels stiff and hurts a lot.

Comment from: Harry, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 20

I have 7 vertebrae fused in neck and spine. The only treatment that gave relief was spinal injections. The doctors did not call my problem ankylosing spondylitis, but from what I read in this article that is what I have.

Comment from: June T., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I am 38 and had a partial hysterectomy almost 3 years ago. Since then my ovaries have significantly decreased in size. My T levels were super low at a 5! My doctor put me on Testosterone cream to use nightly but the side effects are a nuisance. It greatly increases my desires which are not always a good thing. My fear & concern is the long term effects on my body by me not using the cream. I'm already at risk for bone loss/Osteoporosis due to my hysterectomy and failing ovaries. Since i am only in my late 30's I'm nervous to see how this might affect me in another 30 years.

Comment from: Li'l Abner, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

I have Low Testosterone, and have been getting shots every 3 weeks for 2 years now. It has made an enormous difference in my life. I regained muscle mass, lost weight, regained my interest in Sex. My Dr. has decided that I should go off of the shots for 4 months so she could determine the cause of my low T. Since then I have gained 10 pounds, I am developing breasts, I have no interest in sex, I don't want to leave the house or do anything with friends and family, I am depressed most of the time. I fear she won't return to giving me the shots because she said that since I have sleep apnea it disqualifies me from T therapy. I don't know what I'll do if I have to live like this.

Comment from: Mr low t, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

Hi, I am 32. I have been going to the gym a lot over the last 2 years. My trainer said I should get my testosterone checked because I was not responding to the training. The results came back extremely low. It's explains a lot of things for me, extra breast tissue that cannot be removed no matter how hard I diet or exercise, extreme levels of frustration in everything I do. I have an appointment with a endocrinologist soon to hopefully get on T replacement therapy. Can't wait, I have heard so many success stories from the treatment!

Comment from: confused, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

I am 48, disabled blue collar worker. I've had health problems all my life because of low testosterone levels.

Comment from: June T, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

Low Testosterone (Low T) - Causes Question: What caused your testosterone levels to decrease?
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with low-T.
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Treatment Question: How was your case of low testosterone treated?
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to the testing and diagnosis of low testosterone.