Patient Comments: Low Testosterone (Low T) - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience when your testosterone levels dropped?

Comment from: June T., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I am 38 and had a partial hysterectomy almost 3 years ago. Since then my ovaries have significantly decreased in size. My T levels were super low at a 5! My doctor put me on Testosterone cream to use nightly but the side effects are a nuisance. It greatly increases my desires which are not always a good thing. My fear & concern is the long term effects on my body by me not using the cream. I'm already at risk for bone loss/Osteoporosis due to my hysterectomy and failing ovaries. Since i am only in my late 30's I'm nervous to see how this might affect me in another 30 years.

Comment from: Li'l Abner, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

I have Low Testosterone, and have been getting shots every 3 weeks for 2 years now. It has made an enormous difference in my life. I regained muscle mass, lost weight, regained my interest in Sex. My Dr. has decided that I should go off of the shots for 4 months so she could determine the cause of my low T. Since then I have gained 10 pounds, I am developing breasts, I have no interest in sex, I don't want to leave the house or do anything with friends and family, I am depressed most of the time. I fear she won't return to giving me the shots because she said that since I have sleep apnea it disqualifies me from T therapy. I don't know what I'll do if I have to live like this.

Comment from: Mr low t, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

Hi, I am 32. I have been going to the gym a lot over the last 2 years. My trainer said I should get my testosterone checked because I was not responding to the training. The results came back extremely low. It's explains a lot of things for me, extra breast tissue that cannot be removed no matter how hard I diet or exercise, extreme levels of frustration in everything I do. I have an appointment with a endocrinologist soon to hopefully get on T replacement therapy. Can't wait, I have heard so many success stories from the treatment!

Comment from: Carl, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I have been recently diagnosed with low T. I was feeling tired all the time, depressed, and things were really getting to me emotionally. I would start crying over nothing. I found a pamphlet on low T at the doctor's office and things started to make sense. The doctor checked me with a blood test, and it was 6.2. I've just started treatment with Androgel and some of my symptoms are starting to improve. I hope once my levels are normal, the others will subside.

Comment from: DG, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

I had never heard of low testosterone until I went to see my doctor about an unrelated issue. He asked how I felt overall, and I told him I was always tired and irritable and had mood swings. He asked about my erections, and I told him that although I would get erect, it would take more work and just wasn't as hard as it used to be. I just thought it was aging. I was tested and found my level was at 208. He put me on Testim, and after a few weeks, I had the energy back I had lost over the years. I started dropping some weight and gaining some muscle back, most likely because of the extra energy. I started waking up with morning wood just like I used to. I've been on it for two years now and feel great. I also think it improved my brain function. It's too bad more guys can't talk about these issues because it's not considered masculine to admit the problems. I for one talk openly about it, and a few of my buds have been tested and came up with the same results.

Comment from: June T, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

Low Testosterone (Low T) - Causes Question: What caused your testosterone levels to decrease?
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with low-T.
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Treatment Question: How was your case of low testosterone treated?
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to the testing and diagnosis of low testosterone.