Patient Comments: Low Testosterone (Low T) - Causes

What caused your testosterone levels to decrease?

Comment from: BANSMOKINGNOW, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 10

I discovered that my problem was related to being exposed to toxic tobacco smoke. I believe that all smoking, everywhere, must be banned.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 10

I'm 20: am usually tired, anxious, noticed some hair thinning, and sometimes get depressed. My libido is always high and I am able to maintain an erection. My T levels were 245 or so; I'm going to have an MRI to check out my gland. The strangest thing about my body though is the size of my legs, they are at least 15 cm longer than they should be in proportion to my torso. I don't know if that is somewhat connected, but it has always bothered me.

Comment from: keithr, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 10

I am 52 years old. Many years ago I was found to have a low sperm count nothing was done only when I had a serious car crash and went under a pain specialist he did a testosterone test due to the morphine I was on. It was found to be low. I was on one injection Sustanon and my levels 4. I have been put on Nebido and I sleep a lot. I can stay in bed all day and still have hot sweats, bad acne. I don't seem to be getting any better. I can have a few good days then have many bad days. I can be awake sometime all night, wake up early then am tired with no energy. Nobody knows what is actually causing it, as I had a undescended testicle when young then low sperm count 22 years ago. I also have problems getting an erection even though when willing as fluid there but no erection. I had a bad car crash ended up with 22 fracture r/h ribs broken shoulder. I also now found lower spine collapsing a dexa scan showed first signs of osteoarthritis. Why am I not getting any better? I have been told I have to wait a year to find out, to raise or alter medication. I am getting fed up tired no energy all the time.

Low Testosterone (Low T) - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience when your testosterone levels dropped?
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with low-T.
Low Testosterone (Low T) - Treatment Question: How was your case of low testosterone treated?