Patient Comments: Low Blood Pressure - Treatments

What was the treatment for your low blood pressure?

Comment from: Kingsley, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

Several years ago I began showing symptoms of costochondritis but doctors in the emergency room (ER) and general practice could not diagnose. Then 3 years ago, while working in a restaurant kitchen, the symptoms became much more severe. Often looking like a heart-attack, I would lose the use of my arm, my jaw would tighten, I'd feel a stab in my chest, and fall to the ground. Eventually it took me out of my career. Someone gently poking me in the chest could send me to the floor. After 18 months of MRIs, x-rays, heart monitors, and blood tests my doctors decided it was costochondritis. They told me to rest and take anti-inflammatories. I was told that was the only help possible. Since then I have been fearful of exercising my upper body. Most symptoms have subsided but again I've had to lose out a lot on my career and life style.

Comment from: Emvy, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I am normally fit and healthy. I have had occasional atrial fibrillation for 10 years. It is well controlled on beta blockers and warfarin. However over the past nine months I have had increasing bouts of dizziness, usually in a morning. Reduction in strength of beta blockers has had no real effect. I still have dizziness but not as yet fainting. Blood pressure is around 110/60 in a morning but rises usually to 145/75 in the afternoon and evening.

Comment from: Glen, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I am new also, but always keep an eye reading things and I read about a surgeon in the USA who said if you take hawthorn berry tea daily, and fresh steamed asparagus a few times a week and drink lots of water and no alcohol, do regular exercise and lower sugar you will never die of a heart attack and can throw your blood pressure pills away. He said do it slowly and keep getting tested from your general physician regularly to be sure it works. I tried it to stop my heart palpitations and bingo, it was the best advice ever. I've tried so many other people's ideas and pills and herbs, etc. Nothing worked for 16 years until I read about this about 5 months ago. I have just been told my blood pressure is low today and I don't take much of the above now because it has stopped my palpitations but will start again. Hope this helps.

Comment from: smith8577, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I wanted you all to know those that have low blood pressure, crave salt, headaches, etc., to see an endocrinologist soon as you can. That is a symptoms of adrenal insufficiency. I have had this disease for 6 years, and have to take steroids. It will cause really low blood pressure readings. It can be dangerous if not treated. Good luck.

Comment from: Prof. Canthaboo, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 01

Lie down close your eyes visualize your heart proper. Imagine that your heart contracts slowly and retract slowly. This means your pulse rate also low. Then hold your heart within your fist. By imaginary visualization squeeze your heart slowly and effectively until the whole blood pumps out and hold it for a second and release your fist to retract slowly. Do it 72 times and repeat as much as you can. This will facilitate the blood to flow to the brain and to the toes. This method is called Cerebro Neural Therapy.

Comment from: Dialysis kid, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 29

My blood pressure is consistently reading 70 over 49 with symptoms lasting until next treatment, then the episode repeats itself. I had a really bad infection when I went on dialysis in 2012, I remember my nephrologist saying if I got uncontrollable temperature, heart rate or blood pressure there wasn't much they could do for me.

Low Blood Pressure - Causes Question: What caused your blood pressure to be abnormally low?
Low Blood Pressure - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you have when you suffer from low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Numbers Question: What did you do to get your low blood pressure numbers up into a normal range?