Patient Comments: Low Blood Pressure - Treatments

What was the treatment for your low blood pressure?

Comment from: marto, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

After a bout with prostatitis, the urologist wanted to do a cystoscopy to see if anything was going on. The procedure was very painful, I will never ever have it done again unless if under some form of general anesthesia. I was not even aware that this was even going to be that painful.

Comment from: daniel, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

Colonoscopy preparation is quite hard not being able to eat, and drinking clear fluids only. Laxative drink is like drinking sherbet not bad really. Lying there exposed on the table makes you feel vulnerable, though the nurses and doctor were absolutely fantastic. Relaxation drug and bit of oxygen, and I didn't feel a thing, absolutely painless. Follow the preparation properly and you shouldn't have any problems, don't listen to the horror stories.

Comment from: Kingsley, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

Several years ago I began showing symptoms of costochondritis but doctors in the emergency room (ER) and general practice could not diagnose. Then 3 years ago, while working in a restaurant kitchen, the symptoms became much more severe. Often looking like a heart-attack, I would lose the use of my arm, my jaw would tighten, I'd feel a stab in my chest, and fall to the ground. Eventually it took me out of my career. Someone gently poking me in the chest could send me to the floor. After 18 months of MRIs, x-rays, heart monitors, and blood tests my doctors decided it was costochondritis. They told me to rest and take anti-inflammatories. I was told that was the only help possible. Since then I have been fearful of exercising my upper body. Most symptoms have subsided but again I've had to lose out a lot on my career and life style.

Comment from: Emvy, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I am normally fit and healthy. I have had occasional atrial fibrillation for 10 years. It is well controlled on beta blockers and warfarin. However over the past nine months I have had increasing bouts of dizziness, usually in a morning. Reduction in strength of beta blockers has had no real effect. I still have dizziness but not as yet fainting. Blood pressure is around 110/60 in a morning but rises usually to 145/75 in the afternoon and evening.

Comment from: ANGIE, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: February 03

I finally went to the emergency room yesterday after dealing with the pain for a few months. I was given a couple of medicines and told that I have stomach gastritis disease. I am having pain in my stomach like cramps and it is worse at night. It is waking me up at 12 and I am not being able to go back to sleep for a few hours. Pain goes straight to my back and that just makes it worse. Nothing helps! I had gastric sleeve surgery in 2014 so I don't have much stomach left to get an infection in! I sure hope the appointment I have next week tells me something so I can rest a little better.

Comment from: Cat, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 25

The arch on my left foot is very sore when I step on it. I think it's from wearing wore out shoes!

Comment from: Glen, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I am new also, but always keep an eye reading things and I read about a surgeon in the USA who said if you take hawthorn berry tea daily, and fresh steamed asparagus a few times a week and drink lots of water and no alcohol, do regular exercise and lower sugar you will never die of a heart attack and can throw your blood pressure pills away. He said do it slowly and keep getting tested from your general physician regularly to be sure it works. I tried it to stop my heart palpitations and bingo, it was the best advice ever. I've tried so many other people's ideas and pills and herbs, etc. Nothing worked for 16 years until I read about this about 5 months ago. I have just been told my blood pressure is low today and I don't take much of the above now because it has stopped my palpitations but will start again. Hope this helps.

Low Blood Pressure - Causes Question: What caused your blood pressure to be abnormally low?
Low Blood Pressure - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you have when you suffer from low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Numbers Question: What did you do to get your low blood pressure numbers up into a normal range?