Patient Comments: Low Blood Pressure - Treatments

What was the treatment for your low blood pressure?

Comment from: Sher, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

I have costochondritis for a month now. I went to the emergency room thinking it was my heart. EKG, blood work, CT scan all normal. I have tried NSAIDs, heating pad, pain patches, and nothing is helping. It is affecting my quality of life. I dread it can go on for years. I am going to try massage therapy.

Comment from: Cat, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 25

The arch on my left foot is very sore when I step on it. I think it's from wearing wore out shoes!

Comment from: ANGIE, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: February 03

I finally went to the emergency room yesterday after dealing with the pain for a few months. I was given a couple of medicines and told that I have stomach gastritis disease. I am having pain in my stomach like cramps and it is worse at night. It is waking me up at 12 and I am not being able to go back to sleep for a few hours. Pain goes straight to my back and that just makes it worse. Nothing helps! I had gastric sleeve surgery in 2014 so I don't have much stomach left to get an infection in! I sure hope the appointment I have next week tells me something so I can rest a little better.

Comment from: Glen, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I am new also, but always keep an eye reading things and I read about a surgeon in the USA who said if you take hawthorn berry tea daily, and fresh steamed asparagus a few times a week and drink lots of water and no alcohol, do regular exercise and lower sugar you will never die of a heart attack and can throw your blood pressure pills away. He said do it slowly and keep getting tested from your general physician regularly to be sure it works. I tried it to stop my heart palpitations and bingo, it was the best advice ever. I've tried so many other people's ideas and pills and herbs, etc. Nothing worked for 16 years until I read about this about 5 months ago. I have just been told my blood pressure is low today and I don't take much of the above now because it has stopped my palpitations but will start again. Hope this helps.

Comment from: smith8577, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I wanted you all to know those that have low blood pressure, crave salt, headaches, etc., to see an endocrinologist soon as you can. That is a symptoms of adrenal insufficiency. I have had this disease for 6 years, and have to take steroids. It will cause really low blood pressure readings. It can be dangerous if not treated. Good luck.

Comment from: Prof. Canthaboo, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 01

Lie down close your eyes visualize your heart proper. Imagine that your heart contracts slowly and retract slowly. This means your pulse rate also low. Then hold your heart within your fist. By imaginary visualization squeeze your heart slowly and effectively until the whole blood pumps out and hold it for a second and release your fist to retract slowly. Do it 72 times and repeat as much as you can. This will facilitate the blood to flow to the brain and to the toes. This method is called Cerebro Neural Therapy.

Comment from: pezami, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

A big problem with lower blood pressure is when it goes up to high end "normal" it is ignored when in actuality you are at a grave risk for stroke or whatnot. One time after an injury, my blood pressure shot up to 160/90. I was having trouble thinking and knew I was messed up. The medicos, however, thought it couldn't be that bad because the blood pressure wasn't so bad, considering the injury. I was right and they found out I was hurt worse than they thought. You have to push against the medicos all the time but it is horrendous that when you are at your most vulnerable, ie sick or injured, that they do not even reference your normal but go for societies normal instead.

Low Blood Pressure - Causes Question: What caused your blood pressure to be abnormally low?
Low Blood Pressure - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you have when you suffer from low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Numbers Question: What did you do to get your low blood pressure numbers up into a normal range?