Patient Comments: Low Blood Pressure - Treatments

What was the treatment for your low blood pressure?

Comment from: Kurotimi, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 15

I have a mix of both hypertension and hypotension. A few weeks ago I had a routine check of my blood pressure in my office and it showed 154/56. Prior to the check I could barely sleep at night and was also worried about my inability to access my laptop I passworded myself. I met a doctor who was too busy to attend to me, so I left to play a soccer match. Up until now I have not gone for another check but feel fine.

Comment from: AliveLiving, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I am 44 with very low blood pressure. I had headaches that would not go away. I was always tired and weak. The doctors wouldn't listen and said some women just had low blood pressure which is true but I wouldn't listen. I kept going to another doctor then another. I had a brain aneurysm. My refusal to listen saved my life. Low blood pressure saved my life. The neurosurgeon said had my blood pressure been normal I would have died long ago. I still suffer with symptoms of low blood pressure but am thankful for it. Low blood pressure may be normal to you but if you don't feel you are treated well by your doctor then keep moving until you find a respectful one.

Comment from: john, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 11

Water, physical therapy and rest.

Comment from: jfb, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 07

My husband's blood pressure was normal until the last 2-3 years. He takes Florinef and extra salt. Midodrine makes it worse. He has fallen several times with injuries. He takes Sinemet and Azilect for PD which also causes low blood pressure. We adjusted the Sinemet to more often but same dosage. He gets dyskenesia from too much at a time. This helped. I am monitoring him for changes.

Comment from: Toriiee, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I'm a 21 year old woman and have had low blood pressure my whole life. My mom has it and so does my brother. But I am the only one who gets affected by it. When I was a teenager I used to faint when standing and get bad headaches and black out for a minute or so. I was dizzy and lightheaded most of the time. I saw my doctor and found out that I have Hypotension, my blood pressure was 90/60, and an irregular heartbeat. He put me on a diet with more salt and that made me feel a lot better. I was all good until now. I am now experiencing lightheadedness, unable to concentrate on anything, and am very dizzy. I almost fainted at work yesterday and had to go home early. I have a feeling that something is causing my blood pressure to drop below 90/60 but don't know what it could be. I have been eating salty chips all day today and they have made me feel a lot better. So I'm hoping that all I need is more salt in my diet. It worked last time, so hopefully it works this time.

Comment from: DeepBlue, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 29

I've had low blood pressure all my life. I feel tired all the time, have problems concentrating, and have passed out on numerous occasions. It gotten worse since I stopped drinking coffee and smoking as both of these were raising my blood pressure. Recently, I discovered that Rosemary herb (in tinctured form) works great for treating low blood pressure. It works just like coffee, but better (no anxiety, better concentration, etc.).

Comment from: Jammers, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I'm a 34 year old female and have very low blood pressure that just started out of the blue. My normal range usually runs 60/35, I constantly pass out and could hardly function. After nearly year of different meds and diets my cardiologist put in a pacemaker and put me on Fludrocortisone, Midodrine, as well as Toprol. Needless to say I'm still struggling with low blood pressure and dizzy spells. My heart now has moments where I have bradycardia but yet I'm thankful I'm not fainting daily anymore. I'm on a high sodium and caffeine diet but nothing seems to work.

Low Blood Pressure - Causes Question: What caused your blood pressure to be abnormally low?
Low Blood Pressure - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you have when you suffer from low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Numbers Question: What did you do to get your low blood pressure numbers up into a normal range?