Patient Comments: Low Blood Pressure - Causes

What caused your blood pressure to be abnormally low?

Published: July 22

I am a 45-year-old woman who is typically healthy with a blood pressure of about 90/50. I do not have any side effects (tired/dizzy), but I do have a problem donating blood. On some occasions my blood pressure is too low 81/49. I have a sister four years older than myself who also has low blood pressure. She periodically experiences bouts of being extremely tired. Her blood pressure is not quite as low as mine, but it seems to be a real issue for her.

Published: July 11

My blood pressure runs low, and I have orthostatic hypotension. I have poor tolerance for heat. Salt and fluids sometimes help, but not perfectly. For the last few years, I have had periods of profound fatigue and difficulty thinking, which my doctor believes is related to periods of worsened low blood pressure. Yet my increasing salt and fluids has not helped this. By coincidence, I found that Allegra-D, which has a stimulating effect, helped my ability to think. However, it seemed to worsen other autonomic functions with which I have difficulty.

Published: June 27

I am 75, have CVDk, and two stints. My blood pressure has been normal on meds for years. Several months ago, it started to run high on the top, low on the bottom, right arm. Left arm is running about 30 points lower than usual and pulse is hard to detect. My cardiologist has me scheduled for an arteriogram; he believes I may have subclavical blockage. I have the dizziness, and other things cause tiredness all the time but it seems to be worse maybe with the advent of low blood pressure on one side.

Low Blood Pressure - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you have when you suffer from low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Numbers Question: What did you do to get your low blood pressure numbers up into a normal range?