Patient Comments: Low Blood Pressure - Causes

What caused your blood pressure to be abnormally low?

Published: May 19

I recently had blood drawn to test my thyriod, and the test came back a little high. I recently went to the doctor because I was feeling exauhsted, and my blood pressure was a little low.

Comment from: Ky Marie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I was having black out spells approximately 3 years ago, they got better without medicine. I blacked out driving slow. 1st time the heart cath and several other tests, no answers. Started again approximately 3 months ago, did brain scan, MRI, stress test, scan on top of heart, tilt test, want to schedule the Tee test, did the clogged artery test on legs and neck. They happen when I am the quietest. Nothing showed up, I had been under a lot of stress. Sitting at computer and black out, set at table with family and black out, was driving and stopped for a turn, blacked out and no answers at the current time.

Comment from: Sandhya, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I am allergic to some smells which exist in hospitals and in particular Operation Theaters. Last 4-5 times when I developed sudden low blood pressure, I was in a hospital, with my close ones who were recently operated or just out of Operation Theater.

Comment from: woraiur, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I would like to share with you that I had high blood pressure 160/100 I reduced to 140/100 and then to 120/100 by taking garlic regularly and avoided rice mostly reduced my weight by 15 kg without any medicine. I find taking garlic in large quantities reduces the high blood pressure now I am finding ways to reduce to 120 /80 by natural means without medicine after that success I will tell my ways to reduce the blood pressure.

Comment from: Lillenana, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have High Blood which I take medicine for, but quite often lately in mid morning or noon my blood pressure gets very low, ie 78/43 Pulse 51, right now it went up a little 80/43, someone told me to drink Gatorade, I had a full bottle and it does not seems to help, what can I do to bring it higher, I am very dizzy, lightheaded, and have a trace of a headache, I told my doctor about this and he does not know why this would happen, can you help

Comment from: Sharon, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I'm not sure, but was diagnosed with mitral valve regurgitation 8 years ago along with irregular heart beat as high as 120 and low as 40 with the Holter monitor. The doctor hasn't rechecked me since putting me on Diltiazem until my incident in the hospital this week. I still am not satisfied with the info I was able to get, which wasn't much.

Comment from: nan, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 18

As soon as I complete my breakfast (i.e. cereal), my face begins to flush, I begin to sweat profusely, and my pressure begins to drop from normal range to systolic (92-102 or lower) diastolic (48-58) ranges. This will last for 45-90 minutes. The sweating continues all this time, although I generally feel chilled, not hot.

Published: July 28

My doctor put me on two blood pressure medications -- Benicar HCT and Norvasc. I take them together in the morning. My blood pressure now varies; i.e. 99/55, 75/44, 95/60, etc. I've been extremely tired and I have also developed an ache in the upper part of my neck.

Published: July 24

I was diagnosed with neuro cardiogenic dysfunction, a drop in blood pressure at any moment; I suffer with a lot of visual changes, out of breath, lightheadedness, rapid heart rate and much more. I am on a medication to control the rapid heart rate, but the blood pressure I have to try to control with diet. This is a very uncomfortable illness to deal with.

Low Blood Pressure - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you have when you suffer from low blood pressure?
Low Blood Pressure - Numbers Question: What did you do to get your low blood pressure numbers up into a normal range?