Patient Comments: Lower Back Pain - Exercises

What stretches and exercises have helped with your lower back pain?

Comment from: jess, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I am a 49 and a female I had back surgery for a pinched nerve over 5 years ago. I have had some back spasms from time to time that reoccur I am on a steroid just for a short time but in much pain. It seems more muscular. I had a fall about 2 weeks ago felt like I hurt it. I am active slightly about 15lbs overweight I do walk on my treadmill 3 times a week.

Comment from: Graciela, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I had strong excruciating lower back pain in the morning when I got up. My internist told me that was arthritis and prescribed pain killers. I hate to take medication so I put-up with the pain for one year until I visited my nephew's chiropractor who told me that my back muscles were hard as a rock. I went for two weeks, 6 sessions, and electrodes on that part for 15 minutes, spine adjustment and some exercises, 1 hour total. It was a miracle; I don't have any more pain in the morning since two months ago. I wish I would have done it before.

Comment from: AmitD, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 18

I had this issue of lower back pain... I did the followng for a week and I have been experiencing major improvement now.. 1. Lie down on your stomach with hands and legs stretched outwards 2. Slowly lift both legs up, without beding them 3. Hold them for a couple of seconds 4. Repeat this for a set of 11 twice It has worked wonders for me....

Lower Back Pain - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment have been effective for your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Common Causes Question: What is the cause of or reason for your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Uncommon Causes Question: Do you have an unusual reason for lower back pain? Please discuss the cause.
Lower Back Pain - Prevention Question: In what ways do you try to prevent lower back pain? Please describe conditioning programs.