Patient Comments: Lower Back Pain - Uncommon Causes

Do you have an unusual reason for lower back pain? Please discuss the cause.

Comment from: Collette, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I recently tried to move a motorbike out of the way of my parked car - this was 7 weeks ago since when I have had pain in my lower back at each side. I can no longer touch my toes or bend forwards very well. I have pain at night when trying to lie down and have to take painkillers during the day and stronger ones at night so that I can sleep. I think I may have bruised the muscles in my lower back but I'm not sure. I am very active but not as active as I would like to be since this occurred

Comment from: erw123, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I am 62 and have lower back pain when I am in bed too long. If I go to bed at 9 p.m., I am up at 3 or 4 p.m. because my back hurts. I was in accident when I was 18 and crushed two or three vertebrae. I'm thinking this might be my problem.

Comment from: Poly, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

I was pulling a table and suddenly my hands slipped off and I landed on my buttocks. I'm now having severe waist pain. I'm not sure whether to exercise or rest my waist area.

Comment from: trtle58, 45-54 Female Published: May 01

I was run over by a truck. It broke my pelvis and I received an L-1 burst fracture. They operated two times, putting part of my hip in my spine, and then had to go back in to back out one of the screws that was rubbing against the aorta. One year later I had the hardware removed because the screw that was backed out was digging a hole in my flesh. I have severe chronic pain, and a replacement physician took me off my pain medication that I had been taking for more than six years. I went through heavy withdrawal. Now I have severe pain and am unable to participate in my own life.

Lower Back Pain - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment have been effective for your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Exercises Question: What stretches and exercises have helped with your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Common Causes Question: What is the cause of or reason for your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Prevention Question: In what ways do you try to prevent lower back pain? Please describe conditioning programs.