Patient Comments: Lower Back Pain - Uncommon Causes

Do you have an unusual reason for lower back pain? Please discuss the cause.

Comment from: Jpeyton94, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 08

I have lower back pain that seems to be because of my leg height difference (and pelvic tilt). My right leg is longer by about 3/8 inch, and even though I wear a lift, my lower back will begin to hurt if I stand for any length of time.

Comment from: jithendra, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 11

I have back pain since 2 months, initially blood reports showed deficiency of vitamin D and vitamin B12, and everything was normal according to x-ray report. I took vitamin tablets for 1 month but there was no change. Then blood report was taken again. Sufficient amounts of vitamin were present. MRI was taken. Everything was normal except two small areas of hyper intensity in iliac part but doctor told it was fine. I still have pain. I can't sit for more than five minutes without support as pain increases. I have continuous pain.

Comment from: BMZebal56@aol, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

I'm having severe pains in my lower back that is like sciatica, but on both sides. When going from sitting to standing, I have fairly easy movement. When standing for five minutes, or less, I get intense pain, in my upper legs, in front. Then the pain increases, and moves to my lower front legs, with greater intensity. If I try to walk more than 20 feet, it intensifies, until I get to where I can sit. When sitting, it intensifies, and radiates, to my lower back, and into my tailbone area. I had an MRI recently, and will get the results in a couple of days. I read the articles on sciatica and lumbar radiculopathy, and the latter is closer to my symptoms.

Comment from: Shadow, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 27

I was 39 and had an x-ray taken for a job. It showed I was missing a disc in my lower back, doctor said I was born without it. I always have some pain, once or twice a year my back would go out and I could not stand for days, and I used crutches to reach the bathroom. The right bed made a huge difference, a wave-less water bed for me. It has been twenty years since my back went out and no more getting out of bed, I am slow and careful, then walking up my legs with my hands pushing me until I'm standing up straight. Try changing your bed, it can change your life if you find the one that works for you.

Comment from: vino, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have had lower back pain for 9 years. It was not a constant pain. I am a normal weight person and do exercise two times a week. Four years ago I took an MRI scanning which shows my L4, L5 is affected. I fitted Mirena coil 5 months ago for heavy periods due to cyst in the ovary. After the coil fitted my periods regulated but I have constant lower back pain.

Comment from: mbali, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I have this really sharp pain on my lower back that ends up going to my stomach, when I have this pain I have to lie down. I then start breathing heavily, start sweating and shaking. Now it has gotten to a point where I throw up when I get this pain.

Comment from: Collette, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I recently tried to move a motorbike out of the way of my parked car - this was 7 weeks ago since when I have had pain in my lower back at each side. I can no longer touch my toes or bend forwards very well. I have pain at night when trying to lie down and have to take painkillers during the day and stronger ones at night so that I can sleep. I think I may have bruised the muscles in my lower back but I'm not sure. I am very active but not as active as I would like to be since this occurred

Lower Back Pain - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment have been effective for your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Exercises Question: What stretches and exercises have helped with your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Common Causes Question: What is the cause of or reason for your lower back pain?
Lower Back Pain - Prevention Question: In what ways do you try to prevent lower back pain? Please describe conditioning programs.