Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with liver disease?

Comment from: Coqui, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I developed urinary incontinence and bowel incontinence after my epidural steroid injection. I had MRI twice and after a week was ok.

Comment from: darie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I had persistent ache in upper right abdomen, swollen upper abdomen and the feeling that the bra is too tight. Liver function tests were abnormal. I had digestive problems, wind, severe lower abdominal pain followed by diarrhea, particularly after eating foods containing fat. Ultrasound scan showed pink liver suggesting fat and sludge in gall bladder. Weight loss because of liver disease is 1 stone in last 3 to 4 weeks.

Comment from: AB, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

I have had severe itching on arms, legs, and now the neck for over a year. I have also been getting water blisters in different areas of arms, legs and hands. Fatigue and depression over the last 6 weeks has also increased. Blood tests showed liver enzymes elevated and I am set to have ultrasound on Friday.

Comment from: Isla, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have constant upper right abdominal pain through to my back and under my right shoulder blade. My liver function tests show there are problems. I often have yellowing of the whites of my eyes, I rarely ever drink alcohol and when I do it"s half a glass of wine. However I just seem to be shunted from one consultant to another for a proper diagnosis but am not getting any help. I am constantly exhausted, I can easily sleep most of the weekend from Friday night to Monday morning just getting up for a few hours to wash and to eat. If I don"t do this I can"t cope with my full time job. I am depressed and so tired all the time.

Comment from: Alley, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 20

Liver treatment surgeons across the globe point out that in almost 50 percent of cases, liver diseases do not show any symptoms. However, the more prominent symptoms include those of jaundice or the eyes and skin turning yellowish due to accumulation of bilirubin in the white areas. In addition, dark urine, clay-colored stool, gastrointestinal tract bleeding and retention of fluids in the belly area are some notable symptoms of liver diseases.

Comment from: Ditsey, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 08

I was diagnosed with early stage of lymphoma after a mammogram showed a suspicious area. I had a biopsy done (it was under my arm) on the lymph node and was told a few days ago it was lymphoma. I am not sure how serious this is.

Comment from: Dard, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 22

I have had this problem for more than two years and after seeing 14 different dermatologists I was diagnosed with paronychia. I have tried many different medications including antibiotic, antifungal, steroid and nothing seem to work. I am in a lot of pain and can't do anything.

Liver Disease - Causes Question: If known, please discuss the possible cause(s) of your liver disease.
Liver Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your liver disease?
Liver Disease - Complications Question: Please describe the complications of liver disease experienced by you, a relative, or friend.
Liver Disease - Experience Question: Please share your personal experience with liver disease.