Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with liver disease?

Comment from: Ditsey, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 08

I was diagnosed with early stage of lymphoma after a mammogram showed a suspicious area. I had a biopsy done (it was under my arm) on the lymph node and was told a few days ago it was lymphoma. I am not sure how serious this is.

Comment from: Dard, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 22

I have had this problem for more than two years and after seeing 14 different dermatologists I was diagnosed with paronychia. I have tried many different medications including antibiotic, antifungal, steroid and nothing seem to work. I am in a lot of pain and can't do anything.

Comment from: Alley, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 20

Liver treatment surgeons across the globe point out that in almost 50 percent of cases, liver diseases do not show any symptoms. However, the more prominent symptoms include those of jaundice or the eyes and skin turning yellowish due to accumulation of bilirubin in the white areas. In addition, dark urine, clay-colored stool, gastrointestinal tract bleeding and retention of fluids in the belly area are some notable symptoms of liver diseases.

Comment from: S.Ruiz, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 23

He has hepatitis C, type 2 diabetes. He got very disoriented, stopped eating, had insomnia, was bleeding rectally, unable to hold or know when he's going to have a bowel movement, couldn't breathe. When he got to the hospital they admitted him right away into ICU and put him on life support.

Comment from: VK, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

Because of liver disease, I am having very low hunger or appetite and eat very less; sometimes I also have loose motions and it has been more than 10 days.

Comment from: lawoolybear, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 17

I have cirrhosis of liver, stage 4 liver failure. I am solid yellow, bleeding through pores, and losing weight every week.

Comment from: wife till death, Male (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My husband has a platelet count of 31, both red and white blood cells are down. He has lost 40 lbs in 6 months or less. He has Jaundice, anemia and he is malnourished.

Comment from: HEPB, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

Just discovered that i have hepatitis B and chronic hepatitis B as well. I believe I've had it since 1992 and survived 19 years without treatment. I intend living another 20 and more. I'm not prepared to let this get the better of me. I will treat the disease. I am currently infectious and very sensitive to those around me and my loved one. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers for my journey ahead.

Liver Disease - Causes Question: If known, please discuss the possible cause(s) of your liver disease.
Liver Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your liver disease?
Liver Disease - Complications Question: Please describe the complications of liver disease experienced by you, a relative, or friend.
Liver Disease - Experience Question: Please share your personal experience with liver disease.