Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Experience

Please share your personal experience with liver disease.

Comment from: Patricia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been having right upper quadrant pain off and on for the past 4 months. The pain was noted upon arising from a night's sleep and when I would bend my torso to the right. It concerned me so that I made an appointment with my internist. It was decided that I would have a CBC (complete blood count) and urinalysis. Both test came within normal range. I also head an ultra sound of my gallbladder which showed a fatty liver. I have another appointment with my gastroenterologist to find out what is going on. I also want to note that my previous blood work showed an elevated A1C.

Comment from: romy58, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

I used to have fatty liver 6-8 years ago but was treated, but now for some reason I got really sick and they found liver abscess and nobody seems to know how the abscess got in to my liver. I have been on an antibiotic and drain tube for two weeks.

Liver Disease - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with liver disease?
Liver Disease - Causes Question: If known, please discuss the possible cause(s) of your liver disease.
Liver Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your liver disease?
Liver Disease - Complications Question: Please describe the complications of liver disease experienced by you, a relative, or friend.