Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Complications

Please describe the complications of liver disease experienced by you, a relative, or friend.

Comment from: martin, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have had pain under my breast, then it shot down to my abdomen. I thought it was my period. I felt sick then I peed all night, not properly; it was for hours. The pain still continues off and on. Yes, I have been drinking alcohol, I cut down but used to drink beer with ice, then changed to vodka and lemon water. I had a bad bout of too much vodka one night, with water and lemon and I know that has set it right off. I need to try and not drink when my husband wants to drink. Stress leads me to drink but I don't get totally wasted. I know it's my fault.

Comment from: beccbart, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 11

I was diagnosed with a liver cyst in June of 2013 and had a follow up scan in January and was told that it hadn"t changed. However I have been experiencing fatigue, nausea, weakness, and light colored stools, and dark urine.

Comment from: Mzam, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 23

I went to a doctor and he told me that my liver can't handle bile, so it spilled all the bile into my blood that's the reason my eyes are yellowish and my skin is yellow.

Comment from: larry tate, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

I have been vomiting and I have severe stomach cramps, hand cramps, enlarged stomach and sneezing.

Comment from: ralphgummo, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 29

My husband has stage 4 liver disease. He has been in and out of the hospital. He's at home now. I'm unable to care for him since he sleeps all day and won't take his meds. I am able to check his sugar and give him his insulin, but that's it. He has lost weight and shows some signs of confusion.

Liver Disease - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with liver disease?
Liver Disease - Causes Question: If known, please discuss the possible cause(s) of your liver disease.
Liver Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your liver disease?
Liver Disease - Experience Question: Please share your personal experience with liver disease.