Patient Comments: Liver Disease - Causes

If known, please discuss the possible cause(s) of your liver disease.

Comment from: ilona, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

My doctor diagnosed me with FLD - fatty liver disease. This is caused by alcohol that I have been using for the past 17 years, although never strong alcohol, mostly ciders. I have been bulimic since the age of 17 and I still have the eating disorder that is together with the alcohol, having an effect on the liver. Look after your health before it"s too late.

Comment from: opmeena, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

My liver is painful, hard, and I have weight loss regularly. My SGPT is 89 and SGOT 72 now. I have been taking alcohol regularly for the last 24 years.

Comment from: RJ, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

I was working in a fast business environment for thirty years and not eating properly eating sugary things and drinking coffee all the time to get the job done. More worried about the job than my health. I also started drinking heavily about 5 to 8 years ago to relieve myself of the stress. That did not work. You end up drinking more and more and more. So now I am here due to acid reflux and things were noticed on some scans and here we are so the best advice you can take is eat right, sleep right and exercise to relieve stress. Take care of yourself when not feeling well remember no one will be there for you except family and maybe a friend or two. That's it so do it right and take care of yourself and live a long and happy life.

Comment from: umax, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 21

Acetaminophen pills abuse. Now my liver seems to swell at the right side below my ribcage area.

Liver Disease - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with liver disease?
Liver Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your liver disease?
Liver Disease - Complications Question: Please describe the complications of liver disease experienced by you, a relative, or friend.
Liver Disease - Experience Question: Please share your personal experience with liver disease.