Liver Disease Facts
- The liver plays an important role in many bodily functions from protein production and blood clotting to cholesterol, glucose (sugar), and iron metabolism.
- A variety of illnesses can affect the liver, for example,
- certain drugs like excessive amounts of acetaminophen, and acetaminophen combination medications like Vicodin, Norco, and statins,
- alcohol abuse,
- hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E,
- Epstein Barr virus (infectious mononucleosis),
- non-alcoholic fatty liver disease,
- iron overload (hemochromatosis),
- Symptoms of liver diseases include
- The treatment of a particular liver disease depends on its specific cause. Continue Reading
Reviewed on 7/15/2015
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!