Liver Disease Facts
- The liver plays an important role in many bodily functions from protein production and blood clotting to cholesterol, glucose and iron metabolism.
- A variety of illnesses can affect the liver.
- Cirrhosis occurs when normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue as a result of chronic liver disease.
- Symptoms of liver diseases include weakness and fatigue, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, and yellow discoloration of the skin (jaundice).
- The treatment of a particular liver disease depends on its specific cause. Continue Reading
Reviewed on 7/10/2014
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!