Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: laura-128, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 23

My 9 month old daughter has had several liver blood tests, now saying her ALT is 1030 and her AST is 400. She is also having high levels of potassium and a few others. Hepatitis A and B are negative, she doesn't have jaundice. She has been sick for 2 months with a few different things mainly vomiting and diarrhea. I am seeing a gastroenterologist in a couple weeks.

Comment from: newbyphil, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

My liver level was 57, and the doctor said normal was 40. I have been recently drinking heavily, though I have now abstained.

Comment from: rikki, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 30

I have right upper quadrant pain. The results of my liver blood test show my liver enzymes to be 75.

Comment from: Roxanne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I have an ALT of 795 and AST of 296 after taking Zydelig for 5 weeks for recurrence of follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I am very tired, and have loss of appetite. I am very concerned about what this drug has done to my liver.

Comment from: Peter, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

I have likely been drinking too much. My liver test results are, SGOT is 44, SGPT is 48, and gamma GT is 230. It should be noted that one week prior to the test I broke my arm and went through an operation putting a titanium plate in. Perhaps this could explain the GT level.

Comment from: lynne a, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

The results of my liver blood test are BUN/creatinine ratio 23.4, alkaline phosphatase 140, AST (SGOT) at 62, ALT (SGPT) at 72, and my carbon dioxide is at 31.

Comment from: sivakumar, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

The result of my liver blood test is SGPT level 314.6.

Comment from: Red, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

My mother's liver test results were AST 50 and ALT 74 from blood work done on 8/15/14. On 7/17/14 also blood work was done and results were AST 43 and ALT 66. My mother was diagnosed with hepatitis C, and had cirrhosis of the liver. We think she got it from a blood transfusion back in the 80s (not sure).

Comment from: Strong'one, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

I'm an alcoholic (20+ years) and landed myself in the hospital in February. My AST was 250 ALT was 90. I was so sick and the stomach pain was awful! Today my results were AST 22! ALT 18! I have worked very hard at turning my health around. I have stopped drinking on my own (after several rehabilitation stints years ago) and have developed a healthy addiction to drinking lots of fresh brewed decaf green tea... lots! And exercise every day. I can't believe how my liver has responded to my new lifestyle. Turmeric is also an absolute staple every day! My hard work is really paying off!

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.