Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: Montana Chick, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

Seven weeks ago I landed in the emergency room with jaundice. My liver blood tests showed my ALT and AST to be 3200. After a week's stay in the hospital, blood tests, MRCP, and biopsy it was determined to be an allergic reaction to Macrobid. My AST is now 265 and ALT is 166. I'm still on a ton of medicines, but my numbers are still dropping.

Comment from: dean, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I just received my liver blood test results showing high alanine and aspartate levels. I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound done.

Comment from: laura-128, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 23

My 9 month old daughter has had several liver blood tests, now saying her ALT is 1030 and her AST is 400. She is also having high levels of potassium and a few others. Hepatitis A and B are negative, she doesn't have jaundice. She has been sick for 2 months with a few different things mainly vomiting and diarrhea. I am seeing a gastroenterologist in a couple weeks.

Comment from: newbyphil, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

My liver level was 57, and the doctor said normal was 40. I have been recently drinking heavily, though I have now abstained.

Comment from: rikki, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 30

I have right upper quadrant pain. The results of my liver blood test show my liver enzymes to be 75.

Comment from: grandpa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I was stung by a paper wasp 10 years ago, on my upper back. A red spot big as a quarter lasted 4 days. Two days ago I had a skin cancer cut off, same spot, same size.

Comment from: Sangair, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 16

From my liver blood test I have ALT numbers 87 and AST 50, I wonder if these number are in the hepatitis C range.

Comment from: Mandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I went for a normal leg operation, but the very next day I started getting very severe pain on my stomach. It got worse within seconds, and I was rushed to theater. After they discovered a burst ulcer, I had an emergency operation, and was in the ICU on machines for 9 days. But I still don't know what has caused it or how to make sure that it never happens again. It was a very scary situation to be in. But glad that I made it.

Comment from: Roxanne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I have an ALT of 795 and AST of 296 after taking Zydelig for 5 weeks for recurrence of follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I am very tired, and have loss of appetite. I am very concerned about what this drug has done to my liver.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.