Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: Jemima, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

After a couple of episodes of abdominal pain my doctor ordered a liver function test which resulted in a GGT of 1565 and the doctor advised me to stop drinking alcohol as I had liver damage. After months of more pain and tests, I ended up in ITC for 10 days with gall stones blocking the biliary duct, which had to be removed by endoscope. I had my gall bladder removed 4 weeks ago and my GGT is now a more normal 44.

Comment from: Montana Chick, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

Seven weeks ago I landed in the emergency room with jaundice. My liver blood tests showed my ALT and AST to be 3200. After a week's stay in the hospital, blood tests, MRCP, and biopsy it was determined to be an allergic reaction to Macrobid. My AST is now 265 and ALT is 166. I'm still on a ton of medicines, but my numbers are still dropping.

Comment from: dean, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I just received my liver blood test results showing high alanine and aspartate levels. I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound done.

Comment from: laura-128, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 23

My 9 month old daughter has had several liver blood tests, now saying her ALT is 1030 and her AST is 400. She is also having high levels of potassium and a few others. Hepatitis A and B are negative, she doesn't have jaundice. She has been sick for 2 months with a few different things mainly vomiting and diarrhea. I am seeing a gastroenterologist in a couple weeks.

Comment from: newbyphil, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

My liver level was 57, and the doctor said normal was 40. I have been recently drinking heavily, though I have now abstained.

Comment from: dexter, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 19

The results of my liver blood test are: AST (GOT) 30 and ALT (GPT) 28.

Comment from: LEC, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

My liver blood test results are AST 15 and ALT 10.

Comment from: riena, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

My liver blood test results were SGOT (AST) 58 and SGPT (ALT) 51. I need a better understanding of how bad these are.

Comment from: waqar, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 01

I just received LFT (liver function test) report of my sister's, her ALT value is 2196 and AST value is 1051. Bilirubin total value is 6. I am worried about her.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.