Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: girlygirl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

Just got a call from my doctors office and my liver blood test came back "slightly elevated". My ast51 and alt43. I asked if we could rerun the test in 3mo. and he said "not necessary". I have to get the test every 6mo. because I am on a statin drug. I'm sure he doesn't suspect that I am a heavy drinker of 4-5 glasses of wine per day and have been doing so for 25yrs. I have not been totally honest with him on that because I don't look the type. I'm scared, but addicted.

Comment from: melody, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 29

My sister has an undiagnosed chronic illness and has severe malabsorption issues. Her blood tests usually run low but were alot higher this the last two times, although the second time they had gone down a little. Her ALT was 410, her AST was 108 and her ALT phos. was 311.

Comment from: the same ol thing, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 21

I just had a physical and my liver ast is 82 and alt is 107.

Comment from: Alexa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I stopped drinking and smoking 9 weeks ago. My AST is now 51 and ALT 78.

Comment from: HealthMom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had a distal pancreatectomy a year and half ago due to a mass that was found. The mass was a mucinous cystadenoma. I had nothing but trouble after that surgery. At the time of that diagnosis, the doctors found a hemangioma on my liver. They said it was nothing to be concerned about. I went in for a yearly health screening at work. I am a very healthy, fit, 35 year old woman who exercises 3-5 times per week and eats healthy. The day of the screening, my blood pressure was 140/85. My usual range is 105/65. My labwork came back with elevated SGOT/AST and low CO2 level.

Comment from: MANEISAM, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

My liver blood test results are: AST 21.4, ALT 24.4, ALP 172.4

Comment from: louise, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

My recent liver blood test results showed high AST and ALT, 172 and 218 respectively along with serum lipase at 72U/L. The tests were done a few days after experiencing severe diarrhea.

Comment from: lynndee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I had my ALT checked today. It was 258. Almost 5 times higher than the upper limit of normal. I do have rheumatoid arthritis and take 10mg of prednisone a day and humira once a week. I am also a type 2 diabetic and take metformin. I do not take any Tylenol or products with Tylenol in them. I am on a statin for my high cholesterol. I am worried as to what has caused the high numbers. I have had slightly elevated ALT before but never this high.

Comment from: sylvia15, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: February 18

Protein 8.6 Albumin 3.0 Bilirubin Total 9.6 Bilirubin Direct 5.0 Alkaline Phosphatase 157 SGOT AST 447 SGPT ALT 265

Comment from: teresa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

My doctor called and said my liver enzyme levels were elevated. I am an alcoholic and have been for over 20 years. I am freaking out. My levels were 67. I don't really know what that means. I have quit drinking.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.