Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: sylvia15, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: February 18

Protein 8.6 Albumin 3.0 Bilirubin Total 9.6 Bilirubin Direct 5.0 Alkaline Phosphatase 157 SGOT AST 447 SGPT ALT 265

Comment from: teresa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

My doctor called and said my liver enzyme levels were elevated. I am an alcoholic and have been for over 20 years. I am freaking out. My levels were 67. I don't really know what that means. I have quit drinking.

Comment from: rjh61146, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

My ALT(SGPT) was 211. Hepatic function panel: bilirubin, direct was .62.

Published: February 04

I have been on pain medication for lupus and other health issues for a very long time I am only 36 and female. I was recently told that only 35% of my liver is functioning.

Published: January 12

I am a 32 year old male who did a work physical. My AST was 67 my ALT was 50. I had been working out and was suffering from soreness in my muscles and had taken Aleve for two days before taking physical.

Comment from: Maria, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

My test results are: Elevated liver enzymes of ALT77u/l, AST76u/l and GGT of 182u/l

Comment from: Chloe, 35-44 Female Published: January 04

The first time my doctor took a blood test it was 200, the third time it was in the 600's. This was a 3 and a half month process. I have not seen my doctor since and that was 2 months ago. The secretary called me and said the Dr. said for you to stop drinking.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.