Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: Carl, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

I have just had a liver blood test done the result is gamma GT 954, ALT 58, and ALR 192.

Comment from: Nazeer, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 01

My liver blood test result is AST (SGOT) 42 and GGT result is 162 (which is very high).

Comment from: casey, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 05

The results of my husband's liver blood tests are AST 293 and ALT 226.

Comment from: Sangair, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 16

From my liver blood test I have ALT numbers 87 and AST 50, I wonder if these number are in the hepatitis C range.

Comment from: Mandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I went for a normal leg operation, but the very next day I started getting very severe pain on my stomach. It got worse within seconds, and I was rushed to theater. After they discovered a burst ulcer, I had an emergency operation, and was in the ICU on machines for 9 days. But I still don't know what has caused it or how to make sure that it never happens again. It was a very scary situation to be in. But glad that I made it.

Comment from: lynne a, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

The results of my liver blood test are BUN/creatinine ratio 23.4, alkaline phosphatase 140, AST (SGOT) at 62, ALT (SGPT) at 72, and my carbon dioxide is at 31.

Comment from: ALT (SGPT), 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

My liver blood test reading was 113, and my AST (SGOT) was 58. I take no alcohol.

Comment from: bbk7476, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 01

The results of my liver blood test are, SGPT 46.9, SGOT 32.85, and GGT 78.46. I had been on vacation and had alcohol for three days.

Comment from: ttsmom2001, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I got my results of my liver blood test back yesterday, and the ALT was 64 and the AST was 40. The doctor said it could be caused by cholesterol drugs but it sure scares me.

Comment from: Clover1954, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I am trying to wean myself from nortriptyline. Doctor feels this is what caused my AST 61 and ALT 126 counts in my liver blood test.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 27

My wife's liver blood test report is SGOT 43.3 and SGPT 56.4.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.