Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: Bose, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 14

My blood report contains AST (SGOT) 43.00 and ALT (SGPT) 86.00.

Comment from: Rod, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

I had an annual blood test and the results given to me by my nurse was GGT 106 ALT 103 bilirubin 12 and ALP 42.

Comment from: randall, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

My blood test results for ALT were 51 and my results for AST were 44.

Comment from: Kas, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

My liver function test result was 540 and is caused by alcohol abuse.

Comment from: Mumu777, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 20

My AST was 51 units per liter. My ALT was 92 units per liter and my Gamma GT was 127 unit per liter.

Comment from: bbrose9933, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

Total protein 6.3 albumin 3.3 total bili 2.8 AST 47 and Calcium 8.8, my CT of abd. showed only a kidney stone on the left. I have severe arthritis and have been taken off all my meds but haven't been able to take any of the biological ever; have lost 60lbs. without dieting and have had nausea, vomiting and diarrhea often; off and on for more than a year. I have a very long history of odd problems, PE, CHF, acute renal failure, etc. in the past. I have a strong heart with no blockage and I don't have elevated cholesterol. What do I do next? I have seen gastro dr. and can't find anything in the past either; haven't been scoped in 3yrs.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

My SGPT level is decreased to 26 U/L but its normal range according to my age(24 years) is 30-60 U/L.

Comment from: coiffure, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I have a high of 37. I know it isn't much, but I am on so many meds and was obese, but lost 100 pounds. I still have the same high ALT (SGPT), high cholesterol, and take fluvastatin. My cholesterol is still high even with the meds – it's a total of 214 and the LDL is 118. I eat all the right stuff, don't drink, and don't eat fried fatty foods.

Comment from: buddyboy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 10

My AST was 57 and ALT was 78.

Comment from: Alli, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

My liver enzymes are high but my hepatitis lab work came out normal.

Comment from: bluenose, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

Several blood tests suggest that my liver enzymes are high. This has been going on for over 3 years.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.