Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: Ozzy2488, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 21

I came into the emergency department after lying unconscious and unresponsive for 12 hours due to a heroin overdose. After running my blood tests the medical team found my AST to be 752 and my ALT to be 866. After determining I had severe rhabdomyolysis, they quickly started me on dialysis because it was causing a blockage to my kidneys, causing failure. Thankfully they were able to provide me with the proper medical care I desperately needed at the time. A month later my AST was 41 and my ALT was 58. Thanks to this medical team I am alive and well and have been sober for 7 months now.

Comment from: memou, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I woke up one day with a burning sensation in my abdomen and next day I felt dizzy and worn out with tendency to sleep and nausea, added to this was a shivering sensation starting from head to toe. I thought it was fever but my temperature was 36.5. I had blood tests and found SGOPT at 53 with normal reference laboratory figure at 31 maximum. My SGOPT was at 84 with normal reference laboratory at 33. I smoke but I don't consume alcohol.

Comment from: hawker, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

The liver blood test results were alkaline phosphatase of 135, ALT of 35 (I think). These numbers are up from my last check. I am a breast cancer survivor, 4.5 years cancer free, chemotherapy treated. I am obese. I drink little to no alcohol.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

My AST is 231, ALT is 203, Gamma GT is 201, alkaline phosphatase is 196 and total bilirubin is 8. It was July of this year when I found out my liver enzymes were elevated, the numbers were 250 all four. I don't drink and I don't smoke. I'm on very low dose Synthroid medication. It has nothing to do with fatty liver or any of the hepatitis type.

Comment from: chriss, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I was admitted to hospital 4 months ago with acute liver failure. At first the clinicians thought it was gall stones but after ultrasound, CT, MRI and liver biopsy they thought it was caused by drug induced hepatitis caused by a tablet I was on for 'restless leg syndrome'. After 6 weeks it transpired that I had contracted Hepatitis E by eating either prawns or pork sausages. My ALT levels were 1650 when I first went into hospital, however they have now dropped to 190. ALT is reducing by 30 a week so I'm looking forward to my first drink before Christmas. I am now fit and well (a stone lighter). I haven't had any specific treatment, just been alcohol free and maintained a good diet. It's amazing how the liver repairs itself.

Comment from: lynne a, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

The results of my liver blood test are BUN/creatinine ratio 23.4, alkaline phosphatase 140, AST (SGOT) at 62, ALT (SGPT) at 72, and my carbon dioxide is at 31.

Comment from: ALT (SGPT), 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

My liver blood test reading was 113, and my AST (SGOT) was 58. I take no alcohol.

Comment from: bbk7476, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 01

The results of my liver blood test are, SGPT 46.9, SGOT 32.85, and GGT 78.46. I had been on vacation and had alcohol for three days.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.