Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: dexter, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 19

The results of my liver blood test are: AST (GOT) 30 and ALT (GPT) 28.

Comment from: rikki, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 30

I have right upper quadrant pain. The results of my liver blood test show my liver enzymes to be 75.

Comment from: Roxanne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I have an ALT of 795 and AST of 296 after taking Zydelig for 5 weeks for recurrence of follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I am very tired, and have loss of appetite. I am very concerned about what this drug has done to my liver.

Comment from: Peter, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

I have likely been drinking too much. My liver test results are, SGOT is 44, SGPT is 48, and gamma GT is 230. It should be noted that one week prior to the test I broke my arm and went through an operation putting a titanium plate in. Perhaps this could explain the GT level.

Comment from: Red, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

My mother's liver test results were AST 50 and ALT 74 from blood work done on 8/15/14. On 7/17/14 also blood work was done and results were AST 43 and ALT 66. My mother was diagnosed with hepatitis C, and had cirrhosis of the liver. We think she got it from a blood transfusion back in the 80s (not sure).

Comment from: Strong'one, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

I'm an alcoholic (20+ years) and landed myself in the hospital in February. My AST was 250 ALT was 90. I was so sick and the stomach pain was awful! Today my results were AST 22! ALT 18! I have worked very hard at turning my health around. I have stopped drinking on my own (after several rehabilitation stints years ago) and have developed a healthy addiction to drinking lots of fresh brewed decaf green tea... lots! And exercise every day. I can't believe how my liver has responded to my new lifestyle. Turmeric is also an absolute staple every day! My hard work is really paying off!

Comment from: Varvara60, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I went through a pretty serious burnout from my job and during that time, all kinds of physical problems started arising. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and rheumatoid arthritis. About a year later, my doctor called to say that my AST level was 93 and my ALT level was 232. This was cause for alarm so I went into the hospital. I am not a drinker but have fatty liver. CT scan, MRI, and ultrasound all looked normal but these levels remain high. Even in the hospital, they could not find the cause of these high levels and I have been sent home with terrible abdominal pain. We still don't know the cause.

Comment from: miffy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I'm under a psychiatrist for anxiety and depression for last two years and also a gastroenterologist. I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and am shortly to have a Protogram. My other medications are propranolol, lofepramine, ranitidine, quetiapine, diazepam and atorvastatin. For years I have had a very poor immune system. I had some blood tests done recently by my general physician and had an appointment as my fibromyalgia had returned with a vengeance. I am only an occasional drinker. The surgery rang following my blood results and asked me to make an appointment with the general physician regarding the results. I am now worried as she said my liver is badly damaged, my ALT result was 177. She stopped my atorvastatin with immediate effect. I suffer terrible heartburn and was prescribed 400 mg ibuprofen 3 times a day. I feel quite concerned.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.