Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Test

What were the results of your liver blood test?

Comment from: cgremill, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 04

My AST SGOT result was 10, the range the laboratory said, should be between 15 and 41. There"s where it says flags, I have an L there, but I was not notified anything by my doctor.

Comment from: zahid, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

My AST (SGOT) is 94 and ALT (SGPT) is 162.

Comment from: hawker, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

The liver blood test results were alkaline phosphatase of 135, ALT of 35 (I think). These numbers are up from my last check. I am a breast cancer survivor, 4.5 years cancer free, chemotherapy treated. I am obese. I drink little to no alcohol.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

My AST is 231, ALT is 203, Gamma GT is 201, alkaline phosphatase is 196 and total bilirubin is 8. It was July of this year when I found out my liver enzymes were elevated, the numbers were 250 all four. I don't drink and I don't smoke. I'm on very low dose Synthroid medication. It has nothing to do with fatty liver or any of the hepatitis type.

Comment from: chriss, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I was admitted to hospital 4 months ago with acute liver failure. At first the clinicians thought it was gall stones but after ultrasound, CT, MRI and liver biopsy they thought it was caused by drug induced hepatitis caused by a tablet I was on for 'restless leg syndrome'. After 6 weeks it transpired that I had contracted Hepatitis E by eating either prawns or pork sausages. My ALT levels were 1650 when I first went into hospital, however they have now dropped to 190. ALT is reducing by 30 a week so I'm looking forward to my first drink before Christmas. I am now fit and well (a stone lighter). I haven't had any specific treatment, just been alcohol free and maintained a good diet. It's amazing how the liver repairs itself.

Comment from: ttsmom2001, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I got my results of my liver blood test back yesterday, and the ALT was 64 and the AST was 40. The doctor said it could be caused by cholesterol drugs but it sure scares me.

Comment from: Clover1954, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I am trying to wean myself from nortriptyline. Doctor feels this is what caused my AST 61 and ALT 126 counts in my liver blood test.

Comment from: Darrell, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

My AST level was 112U/L and my ALT level was 51U/L.

Comment from: AST, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

My liver blood test result is AST at 38.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.