Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis

Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: design27, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

I am a 68 year old female with chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis which was finally diagnosed after 10 years of the doctors telling me I had COPD. All three doctors were wrong. They had me on inhalers at USD 400.00 a month! I told them they were wrong because my biopsy in 2006 said I may have pulmonary fibrosis. Finally I decided to get an extra PPO (preferred provider option) on my Medicare so I could go to an excellent place. They got it right and I am on medicines and my ALT and AST are cut in half in three weeks. I have lost 25 lb which also is a big help, so no diabetes for me. I am also on oxygen 10 hours a day but the liver blood test done every week is looking better and better. Extra for PPO USD 300.00 a month is the best money I've ever spent. It took too long but as I always say follow the money if you have it, you get better care!

Comment from: Pratham, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 11

My father's serum bilirubin, SGOT and SGPT values are 98, 191 and 329. He is suffering from hepatitis B. He is a diabetic patient.

Comment from: lowjoy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

My liver enzyme test results were, SGPT 2400 and the other was 2,323. Bilirubin is high and white blood count low. I am waiting for further tests. Levels were all fine 3 months back. I am diabetic but in good control by diet of carbs restriction to 20 or less a day.

Comment from: Cookie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

After I had my son, I was having a lot of dizziness so my doctor took a blood test. I had high liver enzymes. I was tested two times after in a period of 6 months and my liver enzymes went back to normal. I just had my daughter and I was on all sorts of pain medications including 5 straight days of regular morphine injections. My liver enzymes are now slightly elevated again. I will be tested in 3 months to see if they have gone down. Until then, it is no Tylenol for me.

Comment from: cmorningstar, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but all medications approved for my condition have failed due to adverse side effects including, my liver enzymes raise to dangerous levels, and are now so high my Primary Doctor, is looking for an specialist to find out why? All I understand about it all is that my liver enzymes are now 3 times higher then they should be and nothing my Doctor is trying will bring them down in fact they are still slow to be getting higher with each blood test that has been done monthly now since November. They were rising before that back as far as August, but have gotten extremely higher even though I have been taken off all medications that could possibly affect my liver in any way and because of this I am also suffering most of the time. I also have arthritis in my hips, knees, and bursitis in my shoulders due to accidents and over work from repetitious jobs for many years. I have also had head and neck and back trauma due to roll over auto accidents, and other injuries, in the line of jobs, and being a very active horse trainer when I was much younger, but it is my concern with my liver now, and the fact that I can do nothing for my pain because of it. Does anyone have any answers for me? I am still awaiting a decision on a Disability Claim, and therefore I am on Medicaid, for insurance, therefore it is hard for me to find a specialist that will take my case. I no longer drive due to a history of seizer's too. Does anyone out there have any advice or way I can be helped?

Comment from: scott, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

My doctor said the results of my blood test say that my liver function and kidney function results are in the normal range but asked if I drink a lot of beer. I haven`t had a bottle of beer for over 5 years and he found that odd as he said one of the levels were high, an enzyme they call barley something. He said people who drink a lot of beer have this elevated enzyme.

Liver Blood Tests - Test Question: What were the results of your liver blood test?
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.