Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis

Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: Cookie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

After I had my son, I was having a lot of dizziness so my doctor took a blood test. I had high liver enzymes. I was tested two times after in a period of 6 months and my liver enzymes went back to normal. I just had my daughter and I was on all sorts of pain medications including 5 straight days of regular morphine injections. My liver enzymes are now slightly elevated again. I will be tested in 3 months to see if they have gone down. Until then, it is no Tylenol for me.

Comment from: cmorningstar, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but all medications approved for my condition have failed due to adverse side effects including, my liver enzymes raise to dangerous levels, and are now so high my Primary Doctor, is looking for an specialist to find out why? All I understand about it all is that my liver enzymes are now 3 times higher then they should be and nothing my Doctor is trying will bring them down in fact they are still slow to be getting higher with each blood test that has been done monthly now since November. They were rising before that back as far as August, but have gotten extremely higher even though I have been taken off all medications that could possibly affect my liver in any way and because of this I am also suffering most of the time. I also have arthritis in my hips, knees, and bursitis in my shoulders due to accidents and over work from repetitious jobs for many years. I have also had head and neck and back trauma due to roll over auto accidents, and other injuries, in the line of jobs, and being a very active horse trainer when I was much younger, but it is my concern with my liver now, and the fact that I can do nothing for my pain because of it. Does anyone have any answers for me? I am still awaiting a decision on a Disability Claim, and therefore I am on Medicaid, for insurance, therefore it is hard for me to find a specialist that will take my case. I no longer drive due to a history of seizer's too. Does anyone out there have any advice or way I can be helped?

Comment from: MacSue, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

After having a live biopsy I was diagnosed with cirrhosis. Now I'm wondering if the medication I was on caused an elevation in liver enzymes that caused the outcome of the tests. I was on Avalide for high blood pressure. My doctor told me that the blood tests would show an elevation of liver enzymes. Now I'm wondering if the biopsy was necessary. My blood tests since then have all come back with in range. All medications given to me caused severe symptoms. Also blood was sent to a California company and they sent back the information that I had autoimmune hepatitis, or cirrhosis. I'm totally confused. Seems like maybe during the time for the original blood tests that sent me to a liver specialist showing an elevation was because of the medication for high blood pressure. That was also when my sample was sent to California. No one seems to want to answer my questions.

Comment from: I, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 05

My ALT was 17 and I was afraid that it was too low. I am relieved since I had the test yesterday and had no one to interpret the results. The testing was a normal pre colonoscopy procedure.

Comment from: truecolors, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I am a 30-year-old female with hepatitis C. I believe I have had this going on 7 or more years. I had Wegener's granulomatosis diagnosed back in 2012 and I'm now currently in remission. I just had testing done and found my liver test levels to be -- SGPT 645 and SGOT 300. I know that is very high. I don't drink and I eat healthy. Last time I was checked, my hepatitis C levels were detected in my blood but at the lowest levels (so basically non-existent). I'm getting an ultrasound soon. Has anyone had high levels like this before? My right side constantly hurts and I often have bad headaches. I'm afraid I have liver damage. It's obvious due to my high counts that I have some type of inflammation.

Liver Blood Tests - Test Question: What were the results of your liver blood test?
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.