Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis

Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: reggie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I was just out I had fatty tissues on my liver, had blood work done and there is a anti-body in my body and the doctor suggest that I have three hepatis shots because my brother has auto-amunhipitis and was told it is hereditary. Also my thyroid is out of whack.

Comment from: bevans, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

This article helped me tremendously to understand the nature of liver enzymes, in particular the one which I was researching, ALT. I now understand why my test for this enzyme may have been high, what areas to investigate, and how to more thoroughly discuss the issue with both my doctor and my insurance company. I feel more prepared to discuss my medical history with medical professionals from a position of strength and knowledge. Thank you very much for providing this valuable service and information.

Comment from: Ella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

A couple of days ago, I faced a severe and sudden abdominal pain for a period of around 30 minutes that made me go to the hospital. In the hospital, the doctor did a blood test, and he found that my liver blood enzymes where around 635. After monitoring my blood for a couple of days during which it went back to normal, they found I had multiple stones (gallstones) in the liver. The doctors are still waiting for more blood results.

Comment from: MMiloserdoff, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

Wanted to know what a general unit range was per liters of serum. Mine being 25 units per liter and in the mid-range of acceptable, I must still be alive, along with my liver.

Liver Blood Tests - Test Question: What were the results of your liver blood test?
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.