Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis

Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: vans, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 12

I had 2 cortisone injections over 3 months for frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) now shoulder is totally mobile and I'm pain free. This was after several sessions of physiotherapy which did not help at all. The injections worked a miracle with no side effects whatsoever.

Comment from: annieann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I have hepatitis C and cirrhosis of the liver. Right now it's just hard to deal with, it goes on and on with the liver blood tests, it's been 13 years since I was told of my situation.

Comment from: I, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 05

My ALT was 17 and I was afraid that it was too low. I am relieved since I had the test yesterday and had no one to interpret the results. The testing was a normal pre colonoscopy procedure.

Comment from: truecolors, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I am a 30-year-old female with hepatitis C. I believe I have had this going on 7 or more years. I had Wegener's granulomatosis diagnosed back in 2012 and I'm now currently in remission. I just had testing done and found my liver test levels to be -- SGPT 645 and SGOT 300. I know that is very high. I don't drink and I eat healthy. Last time I was checked, my hepatitis C levels were detected in my blood but at the lowest levels (so basically non-existent). I'm getting an ultrasound soon. Has anyone had high levels like this before? My right side constantly hurts and I often have bad headaches. I'm afraid I have liver damage. It's obvious due to my high counts that I have some type of inflammation.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 16

I had a random drink test at work and it was found that my level was 1.29mg and then 1.17 this was after 15 hours of not having any drink of alcohol what so ever. I am currently seeing my G.P. and I am having blood tests done as the enzymes are exceptionally high (917) can the medication that I am on affect an alcohol level? I was taking 2.5mg of bendroflumethiazide 20mg of lisiopril and 40mg of lipitor (atorvastatin).

Comment from: Gracie57, Female (Patient) Published: March 20

My particular results were at 78, which is only slightly elevated. I consider myself very lucky in that I have an excellent rheumatologist who watches my test results closely. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and am on leflunomide, humira, and doxycycl as well as pain medication and several other drugs. I'm on the same pain meds that I've been on since the onset of RA 24 years ago. A bottle of pain meds used to last me one to three years if I wasn't in a flare-up. Unfortunately, for the last two years I have taken the max dosage every day, which is probably causing the difference in the lab results. Hopefully there is another pain medication out there that is strong enough to take away pain while still allowing the person to function on a limited level that isn't too rough on the liver.

Comment from: Sarah, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

I was pregnant with my daughter 10 years ago and developed HELLP syndrome, a condition that affects the liver while being pregnant. I had liver tests that indicated abnormal liver functions; therefore, my daughter was born six weeks premature as both I and my baby would have been at risk had I gone full term. Thanks to the medical team, and liver blood tests, both my daughter and I were OK.

Comment from: jscwest, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 18

My blood test from my annual physical showed elevated enzyme level of 100, my doctor said they should be around 30. I drink and have been taking maximum dosages of Advil daily for the past 4 months for a chronic shoulder pain (arthritis).

Liver Blood Tests - Test Question: What were the results of your liver blood test?
Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested? Question: Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.