Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested?

Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Cjt, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

A week ago I started itching extremely and throwing up. I went to the doctor and when the blood work came back all of my liver enzymes were extremely elevated, the worst being my ALT which was at 7,298! He sent me for an ultrasound and it showed gallstones. That was 2 days before I left on vacation. I have a follow up appointment in a week when I return home, but am now worried about getting sick so far from home or if he should have referred me or put me in patient!

Comment from: V, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 19

My doctor ordered liver blood tests because I'm on cholesterol medication.

Comment from: suzie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I am a carrier of the Hepatitis B diagnosed since 1999 and the doctor ordered for a liver function test on the 5th August 22013 due to a pain on my left rib and the result is as follows: ALT 48U/L and AST 22U/L.

Comment from: mike, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I have hepatitis C and I was told that my ALT was high at 19 IU/L.

Comment from: mark, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I have been an insulin depedent diabetic for 50 years and my A1C has always been below 7. I use the moni pump system and follow up with my endocrinologist every 3 months. My AST is 696 and my ALT is 972. These levels have never been eleveted and I am concerned about the significant rise in those numbers.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Test Question: What were the results of your liver blood test?