Patient Comments: Liver Blood Tests - Why Were You Tested?

Do you know why your doctor ordered liver blood tests? Please share your experience.

Comment from: mike, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I have hepatitis C and I was told that my ALT was high at 19 IU/L.

Comment from: mark, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I have been an insulin depedent diabetic for 50 years and my A1C has always been below 7. I use the moni pump system and follow up with my endocrinologist every 3 months. My AST is 696 and my ALT is 972. These levels have never been eleveted and I am concerned about the significant rise in those numbers.

Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.
Liver Blood Tests - Test Question: What were the results of your liver blood test?