Liver-Related Procedures and Tests Related Diseases & Conditions
Medical tests and procedures are used to diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments related to the topic of Liver-Related Procedures and Tests that may be used to diagnose or monitor the status of the diseases and conditions listed below.
In This Article
Liver (Anatomy and Function) Article
- Facts about the liver
- What is the function of the liver?
- What are symptoms of liver diseases?
- What does the liver look like, and where is it located in the body?
- Liver disease causes (fatty liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis, and infections)
- Liver disease causes (medications, toxins, genetics, cancer, and others)
- What kind of doctor treats liver disease?
- How is an examination of the liver performed?
- What is a liver biopsy?
- Can diseases of the liver be prevented?
In This Article
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Treatment (PBC) Article
- PBC facts
- What treatments are used in patients with PBC?
- Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA)
- Colchicine (Colcrys)
- Immunosuppressive medications
- Budesonide (Entocort)
- Azathioprine (Imuran)
- Cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral, Gengraf)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- Obeticolic acid (Ocaliva)
- Cholestyramine (Questran) for itching
- Rifampin for itching
- Opiod antagonists for itching
- Charcoal hemoperfusion for itching
- Osteoporosis medications
- Treatment of elevated serum cholesterol and xanthomas
- Treatment of malabsorption of fat and fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K)
- Treatment of edema and ascites
- Treatment of bleeding from varices
- Treatment of hepatic encephalopathy
- Treatment of enlarged spleen
- Treatment of Sicca syndrome
- Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon
- Treatment of scleroderma
- Treatment of gallstones
- Which specialties of doctors treat PBC?
- What is the role of liver transplantation in PBC?
- What is the future for PBC?