Liver-Related Procedures and Tests Related Diseases & Conditions
Medical tests and procedures are used to diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments related to the topic of Liver-Related Procedures and Tests that may be used to diagnose or monitor the status of the diseases and conditions listed below.
In This Article
Liver (Anatomy and Function) Article
- What is the liver? Is it a gland or an organ?
- What is the functional purpose of the liver?
- What does the liver look like, and where is it located in the body?
- What diseases affect the liver?
- Fatty liver disease
- Genetic disorders
- Abnormalities of bile flow from the liver
- Decrease in blood flow draining from the liver
- What are symptoms of diseases of the liver?
- How is an examination of the liver performed?
- What is a liver biopsy?
- Can diseases of the liver be prevented?
In This Article
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Treatment (PBC) Article
- PBC facts
- What treatments are used in patients with PBC?
- What medications are used to treat PBC itself?
- Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA)
- Immunosuppressive medications
- What treatments are used for the symptoms of PBC?
- Elevated serum cholesterol and xanthomas
- Malabsorption of fat and fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K)
- What treatments are used for the complications of the cirrhosis in PBC?
- Edema and ascites
- Bleeding from varices
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- What treatments are used for the diseases associated with PBC?
- Sicca Syndrome
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- What is the role of liver transplantation in PBC?
- What is the future for PBC?