Liver-Related Procedures and Tests Index
There are a variety of liver procedures and blood tests. Information on liver biopsy, liver blood tests, liver resection, proton beam therapy of the liver, and more are included in this information.
In This Article
Liver (Anatomy and Function) Article
- Facts about the liver
- What is the function of the liver?
- What are symptoms of liver diseases?
- What does the liver look like, and where is it located in the body?
- Liver disease causes (fatty liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis, and infections)
- Liver disease causes (medications, toxins, genetics, cancer, and others)
- What kind of doctor treats liver disease?
- How is an examination of the liver performed?
- What is a liver biopsy?
- Can diseases of the liver be prevented?
In This Article
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Treatment (PBC) Article
- PBC facts
- What treatments are used in patients with PBC?
- Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA)
- Colchicine (Colcrys)
- Immunosuppressive medications
- Budesonide (Entocort)
- Azathioprine (Imuran)
- Cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral, Gengraf)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- Obeticolic acid (Ocaliva)
- Cholestyramine (Questran) for itching
- Rifampin for itching
- Opiod antagonists for itching
- Charcoal hemoperfusion for itching
- Osteoporosis medications
- Treatment of elevated serum cholesterol and xanthomas
- Treatment of malabsorption of fat and fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K)
- Treatment of edema and ascites
- Treatment of bleeding from varices
- Treatment of hepatic encephalopathy
- Treatment of enlarged spleen
- Treatment of Sicca syndrome
- Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon
- Treatment of scleroderma
- Treatment of gallstones
- Which specialties of doctors treat PBC?
- What is the role of liver transplantation in PBC?
- What is the future for PBC?