lindane shampoo - topical (cont.)
OVERDOSE: This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, restlessness, unsteadiness, seizures, irregular heartbeat.
NOTES: Do not share this medication with others.Lice are easily passed from one person to another. All family members and people you have close contact with (especially if you have crab/pubic hair lice) should be examined.After treatment, soak all possibly infested combs, brushes, and other hair care items in water that has been heated to 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for 5 to 10 minutes. Also, any recently worn clothing, hats, sheets/blankets, plush/fabric toys, and towels should be washed in very hot water or dry-cleaned.This drug is not effective for scabies. Another form of lindane is used for treating scabies.This medication is used to treat a current infestation only. It cannot be used to prevent future infestations.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Keep the bottle tightly closed. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not freeze. Keep all medications away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
Information last revised October 2013. Copyright(c) 2013 First Databank, Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index