Disclaimer

lindane - topical lotion (cont.)

OVERDOSE: This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or other overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, restlessness, unsteadiness, seizures, irregular heartbeat.

NOTES: Do not share this medication with others.Scabies is easily passed from one person to another. All family members and people you have close contact with should be examined.After treatment, any recently worn clothing, hats, sheets/blankets, plush/fabric toys, and towels should be washed in very hot water or dry-cleaned to decrease the chance of re-infestation.This medication is used to treat a current infestation only. It cannot be used to prevent future infestations.

MISSED DOSE: Not applicable.

STORAGE: Store at room temperature between 59-86 degrees F, (15-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Keep the bottle tightly closed. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not freeze. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.


Last Editorial Review: 9/21/2011



Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Pill Finder Tool

Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.


Back to Medications Index

copyright

STAY INFORMED

Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!