GENERIC NAME: linagliptin
BRAND NAME: Tradjenta
GENERIC AVAILABLE: No
- Tradjenta is combined with diet and exercise to improve blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- It should not be used for treating type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis because it would not be effective in these conditions.
- Tradjenta has not been studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis. It is unknown whether Tradjenta increases the risk for the development of pancreatitis in patients who have a history of pancreatitis.
SIDE EFFECTS: The most common side effects of Tradjenta are:
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Allergic reactions
- Muscle pain
- Increased uric acid levels
Possible serious side effects include:
- Severe joint pain
- Severe allergic reactions (anaphalaxis)
Quick GuideDiabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.