- Take the Shingles Quiz
- Shingles Slideshow Pictures
- Gallery of Skin Problems Pictures and Images Collection
- What is lidocaine patch-topical, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for lidocaine patch-topical?
- Is lidocaine patch-topical available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for lidocaine patch-topical?
- What are the uses for lidocaine patch-topical?
- What are the side effects of lidocaine patch-topical?
- What is the dosage for lidocaine patch-topical?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with lidocaine patch-topical?
- Is lidocaine patch-topical safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about lidocaine patch-topical?
Is lidocaine patch-topical safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies done on lidocaine patches to determine safe and effective use in pregnant women.
Lidocaine may enter breast milk in trace amounts; therefore, it is best to be cautious before using it in nursing mothers.
What else should I know about lidocaine patch-topical?
What preparations of lidocaine patch-topical are available?
Lidocaine patch: 5%
How should I keep lidocaine patch-topical stored?
Store lidocaine patches between temperatures of 15 C to 30 C (59 F to 86 F).
REFERENCE: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuideShingles Rash Pictures, Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.