- A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Medical Illustrations of the Heart Image Collection
- Take the Heart Disease Quiz!
- What is lidocaine injection?
- Is lidocaine injection available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for lidocaine injection?
- Why is lidocaine injection prescribed to patients?
- What are the side effects of lidocaine injection?
- What is the dosage for lidocaine injection?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with lidocaine injection?
- Is lidocaine injection safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about lidocaine injection?
What is lidocaine injection?
Lidocaine is an antiarrhythmic agent (affects heart rhythm) as well as a local anesthetic (amide type).
Is lidocaine injection available as a generic drug?
Quick GuideHeart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.