Patient Comments: Lichen Sclerosus - Doctors

What type of doctor did you see for your lichen sclerosus? Were you referred to a specialist?

Comment from: Telma, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I went to see a gynecologic oncologist, as I wanted a second opinion regarding cervix abnormal cells, nevertheless he just took one look and knew it was lichen sclerosus. As he was asking me questions he described the symptoms, and my answers were yes. As he already knew what it was, he prescribed clobetasol cream 0.05%... great doctor.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: 2 dumb doctors, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 09

I"ve seen 2 doctors for my lichen sclerosus, no help, they write you off.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Lichen Sclerosus - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with lichen sclerosus?
Lichen Sclerosus - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events and tests that led to a diagnosis of lichen sclerosus.
Lichen Sclerosus - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for lichen sclerosus?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.