Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs of your lichen planus?

Comment from: naha121, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 15

I have no intention towards medications for alleviating nausea during my pregnancy. These contain preservatives and can cause any harm. Instead, I have been taking 'No To Morning Sickness' tea that helped end my nausea and it was safe being preservative-free and herbal. I was also constipated most of the time and this helped regularizing my bowel movement.

Comment from: cberrl, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

After having mild lichen planus (LP) for years when I had teeth, I am now recently 74 and had the worst LP attack ever on in my mouth, with sore mouth and lips and a huge gash in my lower lip; very painful! Now I am getting better but it still bleeds a bit a night and it is painful to eat acidic foods. I need that 10 shots of gamma globulin and 10 shots of LypoZyme cure very much!

Comment from: alamogirl2, Published: July 28

This morning as my alarm rang, I turned over to hit the snooze. As I did this, I got dizzy. It wasn't the type of dizziness you feel when you suddenly get up. It was like the room was spinning, but I felt it in my head. It lasted about 2 seconds. I stayed in bed for about 5 minutes and got up. I didn't feel nauseous, and my head didn't hurt. It was a strange feeling! I have experienced that same sensation approximately 2 other times in my life. I was younger then, so I ignored it. I don't know how many times I've turned over to turn the alarm off, and I've never gotten dizzy.

Comment from: Naomi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I woke up early in the morning (3:30) with nausea which eventually became 'throw up'. Since then I have thrown up about 9 times; the last one just now at 11 AM. Diarrhea began shortly after the first throw up episode and I have had probably 12 to 13 episodes, the last one around 10:45 AM. I have not eaten anything, took Pepto-Bismol around 7:30 AM, but threw it up shortly afterwards. I had a clear drink similar to Sprite which resulted in the 11 AM throw up episode. I have chills, but no pain, and my tongue and teeth are black. Last meal was 2 BBQ hotlinks (fresh) and Spanish rice made from a packet of dried rice with seasoning. I had purchased it over a year ago, and feel this may be the cause. I have had food poisoning in the past, but it never lasted this long.

Comment from: Lainey, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

My problem began with 1 bright red bump on the top of my foot. It didn't itch, but then small bumps appeared around it. I decided to see my dermatologist who diagnosed it as lichen planus. Then he biopsied to confirm. By then the rash spread to my calves and thighs. Itchy, itchy. The doctor gave me a cream to help the itchiness and calm it down. It helps a little. Now above and below my waist is covered and very itchy. I want it to stop, I hate it!

Comment from: Duane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

This is my 5th week with acute bronchitis. I thought it was going away, had a great night's rest last night and feel worse again today. I swear that I feel half dead. I've been to two doctors, have missed too much work, although I am in the process of filing for leave of absence (LOA) and have reached the point where I am just angry. I haven't been this sick since the flu in 1992; I swear. I am calling out from work again tonight, add the day to my LOA application and go home and sleep. Thanks for letting me vent.

Lichen Planus - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with lichen planus.
Lichen Planus - Diagnosis Question: What types of tests or exams led to a diagnosis of lichen planus?
Lichen Planus - Treatment Question: What forms of medical treatment, including medication, did you receive for lichen planus?
Lichen Planus - Prognosis Question: Discuss your experience with lichen planus. Have you had any recurrences?