Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Prognosis

Discuss your experience with lichen planus. Have you had any recurrences?

Comment from: lew lew, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I'm 49 years old and was just diagnosed with lichen planus. I am scared to death. It is taking everything in my body to stay calm for my boyfriend and my daughter. I don't want them to think I'm contagious. Even though I told them it's not, my daughter is scared and doesn't want to lie down in the bed and just talk anymore. This feels terrible. I have read lots about this illness. Why me? Don't I have everything else – why this, now? I know I am not dying, but it surely feels like this inside. I will continue to write so I can feel better. I know there are others who know and understand what I am feeling.

Lichen Planus - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with lichen planus.
Lichen Planus - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs of your lichen planus?
Lichen Planus - Diagnosis Question: What types of tests or exams led to a diagnosis of lichen planus?
Lichen Planus - Treatment Question: What forms of medical treatment, including medication, did you receive for lichen planus?