Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Treatment

What forms of medical treatment, including medication, did you receive for lichen planus?

Comment from: cat22, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 02

I had severe outbreak of oral mucosa lichen planus in my mid-20s. It lasted for about five years. It was definitely stress related for me. They tried oral steroids, but they didn't help. I finally started on Dapsone, a medication for treating leprosy, but it worked. One of the drug side effects is anemia, so I was tired a lot. But it was worth it to get rid of the sores that kept me from eating.

Comment from: KeBra, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

My affected areas are arms and legs. Not mouth! Antihistamines for a month.

Comment from: poonam, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have lichen planus pigmentosus on my upper lips and chin. I am under medication and my dermatologist suggested that I take Isotroin. I'm not sure how this would help me.

Lichen Planus - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with lichen planus.
Lichen Planus - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs of your lichen planus?
Lichen Planus - Diagnosis Question: What types of tests or exams led to a diagnosis of lichen planus?
Lichen Planus - Prognosis Question: Discuss your experience with lichen planus. Have you had any recurrences?